Wrahammer 40K Video Battle Report Eldar vs Slaneesh Chaos

Video Battle Report

Video Battle Reportvideo

Yet another challenger to Reecius’ Eldar steps up to the plate: The Eldars’ ancient nemesis. Slaneesh Chaos. (I have actually not had time to paint anything with all these challenge matches!)

25 Responses to “Wrahammer 40K Video Battle Report Eldar vs Slaneesh Chaos”

1. colin July 12, 2013 6:16 pm #

This is a pure Eldar list that I thinking up.
    This army will usually (depending on the situation)be a reserve army reserving the bikes, flyer, spiders and walkers.

So usually start with the autarch, 2 serpants, rangers and wraithknight.

Autarch w/fusion gun, mantle, laser lance, bike, banshee mask (for reserve manipulation and to be a pain in the butt)

2×5 dire avengers in wave serpants with twin scatter, shuriken cannon and holofields.

2×3 bikes. For contesting (the autarch will keep them in reserve for as long as he can)

5 rangers

Crimson hunter (for some AA and AI)

2x 8 warp spiders including exarch with Spinneret rifle (tons of st6/7 sometime ap1 shots and hit and run. The spinneret has a longer range and so increases the kill zone of the unit)

Wraithknight. 2 Wraithcannons. St10 ap 2. Woot woot! For my brick/tank hunting/support my lines kind if guy.

2×2 war walkers w/ scatter lasers/shuriken cannon(My usually out flanking boys. Luv’em)

This is 1741 pts. Would it be worth dropping the banshee mask from the autarch to give one of the spider exarchs fast shot?

this is almost a foot army 😉

When I take Dark Eldar with Eldar I usually run the baron with a beast pack for some 4++ dogs and flocks for lots of wound and rending. I prefer them over hellions as they are more survivable having some natural 4++ and 40+ wounds. But I also have to invest in a troop unit. so usually a cheap 5 man naked warrior unit. sometimes in a venom. have you tried beasts out yet?

Reecius July 13, 2013 10:35 am #

I like your list a lot. The Banshee mask is awesome when you get the charge, but Fast shot is ALWAYS awesome. I would take that first, personally.

2. colin July 12, 2013 6:39 pm #

where are you guys based out of?

I am from the great white north

3. Jason
    Rawdogger July 12, 2013 6:57 pm #

The sergeant shouldn’t be able to have the blaster. It would be like a Space Marine sergeant taking a flamer.

4. Noah July 12, 2013 8:18 pm #

I would have to agree with RawDogger as I think for sure it is RaW and I also think it was RaI as well. Giving the sonic blaster to the champ would give him a good number of shots to score precision shots with.

5. mercutioh July 12, 2013 8:49 pm #

That’s the way I run it Rawdogger. Not that it mattered much all they were good at this game is a lot of Dyin. Good Game Reece. That was an industrial sized can you opened up on me.

Reecius July 13, 2013 10:36 am #

Your deployment is what killed you, and they I got lucky and neutralized both Turkeys right away. Those two elements plus Forewarning is what sealed victory for me.

6. jy2
    jy2 July 12, 2013 9:24 pm #

Felt bad for Chaos. His deployment really just took him out of the game. That is one the reasons I dislike Mark of Nurgle on the soulgrinders. It just makes it too tempting to hide behind terrain and shooting when he should be advancing and shooting.

BTW, Nurgle grinder can’t run due to Slow & Purposeful, so he really is so slooooooowwwww.

Reecius July 13, 2013 10:37 am #

Oh yeah, I forgot about S&P on the Grinder. Yeah, he deployed in a position where it was easy to take him out of the game. Forced the flank and then I was fighting a portion of his army with all of mine. It is a common mistake, but hey, I bet he doesn’t do it again!

7. Mr E July 13, 2013 12:48 am #

hahaha that does it reece I’m going to have to come over and throw the gauntlet a few times over with mirror matches till your bored of hot eldar on steaming eldar action,dont worry I have a few concept lists for pure craftworld eldar that want to take a hot duce on you for consorting with our dark kin, dont worry enough talk, ill be there very very soon. like the 17th unless you have time sooner.

spirit seer

5 dcyth wraiths

4×10 dire avengers

3x wavserpents with tl scatter lasers, cannons

2×7 warp spiders

wraithknight

or jetbike and warpsider spam and 9 shadow weaver platforms

Reecius July 13, 2013 10:38 am #

Bring it! I have been getting called out on a near daily basis, it’s been crazy.

8. Mark July 13, 2013 7:36 am #

I think you mentioned being able to guide the spiders the turn they come on. You can’t do that. You can roll for reserves before psychic powers, but they don’t move on until after psychic powers. If you want to guide the spiders, they need to be on the board at the beginning of the turn.

Reecius July 13, 2013 10:32 am #

That’s actually a debated point. The BRB only states that a psyker arriving from reserve cannot manifest a power that occurs at the beginning of the movement phase. Reserves happen at the beginning of the turn, which implies strongly that they occur, then psychic powers occur, then normal movement. Also, one of the FAQs states (IIRC) that you can actually choose, it is a really unclear ruling.

9. colin sherlow July 13, 2013 8:07 am #

Reserves a placed and moved onto the board first before the regular moving phace. Psyc power like guide are done at the beginning of the psycs moving phase. Which is after reserves enter play

Reecius July 13, 2013 10:32 am #

That’s how I read it, too.

10. DCannon4Life July 13, 2013 5:02 pm #

With regard to the debate about whether or not you can cast guide on a unit that just came in from reserves: In my experience (and in tournaments), you can. Reserves come in AND move on immediately (or the drop pod arrives and the squad disembarks immediately), before any other events–except perhaps for regrouping, but I’ve never had those two situations at the same time. Additionally, psykers cast their powers when they are ‘activated’ but before they move, so if a squad is out of range of a blessing, you can move it nearer to the psyker to be in range of the blessing….

Reecius July 13, 2013 5:46 pm #

That is pretty much how we play it, too.

• Tangentical July 14, 2013 1:52 pm #

Most UK tournaments play it the other way… Psychics happen first. Though not conclusive a proof by any means I’d ask how Scriers gaze would work otherwise.

Reecius July 15, 2013 8:54 am #

Very good point, actually.

• DCannon4Life July 14, 2013 6:15 pm #

Found it! Page 7 of the FAQ, left-hand column, second to last entry starting, “Q: Blessings…”. The short of it is that they are simultaneous, but the player gets to decide what order they happen.

• Tangentical July 14, 2013 9:52 pm #

Indeed, that’s the rolls, not the actual movement on the board of the models themselves but the rolls to determine if they come on at all which is done prior to any movement. As such it has to be before normal movement even if you choose to do powers after reserve rolls and dudes can’t be moved within range of a blessing as I read it.

Reecius July 15, 2013 8:53 am #

I agree, which gives us unintended sub-phases to the rules…again. Like previous editions we have unofficial phases within phases.

Reecius July 15, 2013 8:52 am #

Which directly contradicts the book on order of operations for some things, haha, oh boy! But I think that at least gives us some solid ground to work on, thanks for pointing out the FAQ.

11. Tarrant July 15, 2013 11:50 am #

Entertaining report as usual! Thanks for posting.

Our rule of thumb for the psychic casting/phase interations:

1. Psyker arriving from reserve cannot cast any “Movement” phase powers the turn they arrive (they are not on the table “at the start of the their movement phase”).
    2. Units arriving from reserve can have “Movement” phase powers cast on them from a psyker that was already on the table prior to the start of the current movement phase. Active player can choose to activate their “same time” abilities in any order.

T.