Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report Eldar vs Dark Angels & Space Wolves 1750pts

Video Battle Report

Video Battle Report

Face Puncher challenges Reecius’ Eldar with his unorthodox Dark Angels/Space Wolf list.

16 Responses to “Warhammer 40K Video Battle Report Eldar vs Dark Angels & Space Wolves 1750pts”

1. Mark July 12, 2013 5:10 am #

Did Belial score 1VP for “The Hunt” when your farseer died in his death mission?

Reecius July 12, 2013 8:51 am #

Bonus VPs go towards the primary mission in BAO format, not total score. It would throw the scoring off for the tournament, otherwise.

2. jy2
    jy2 July 12, 2013 7:32 am #

I think you used the Death Mission wrong.

When your farseer died, the whole 40K multi-verse was supposed to explode and everyone would have been sucked into the Warp….or perhaps the Death Mission farseer sucked into the Warp….or perhaps just the Death Mission sucked….

3. David July 12, 2013 8:02 am #

#Deathmission

4. Mr E July 12, 2013 9:27 am #

If it was any one but face beater I would say take that army back to the drawing board, but given it is well the silly thing has two points sinks, leave the garbage disposal, but take the rest of the sink, that termy squad and single 12 man wolf squad are every bit of 1000 points, for 30 wounds? pull those saves off and you’ll do ok but my other problem with termies is their stormbolters and that they lack the storm part, 3 shots at 24 with reroll wound rolls of 1 or something to differentiate it from standard bolters a little more and make 8 way more of a threat to light units. and worth the 400 points before you get to the overcosted powerfist and fact that they scould cost around the 32 points mark with a sb and power sword. but then there is the argument for just hor durable they can be, I would say taking all their saves back to 3+ on two dice with a -1 for ap 2 and – 2 for ap 1 would be cool, but good luck getting it to play quickly. those are my rants on termies in general, I generally fell like they need to be better but also see their old pricing has its merits, 2+5++, storm bolter and power fist. but 50 pts is rediculous, 60 bolter shots, or 100 with the banner of bolter badness is much better and imo tac squads are almost more durable, hust due to the # of bodies, which was Reeces points at the end, more bodies win games.

5. Tarrant July 12, 2013 10:40 am #

DEATH MISSION!!

Another enjoyable report!

T.

6. Noah July 12, 2013 11:19 am #

Was your opponent at the BAO? He looks familiar.

7. Noah July 12, 2013 2:17 pm #

Yeah I think he forced me to concede by like turn two because of his death wing. My question for you was that you said you destroyed his contemptor dreadnought on the hammer of wrath because you hit the rear due to it being immobilized…I thought that would have hit the front armor because its a walker?

Reecius July 12, 2013 4:07 pm #

When immobilized, you always hit rear armor in combat against Walkers.

8. colin July 12, 2013 4:53 pm #

I didn’t understand all the hate against elder “sucking” when the book came out. they were a good book before. they are much better now.

people that say Eldar suck or that they are not competitive don’t know JACK SH!T!!! lol

I love my Evil and non evil space elves.

thanks to you I will be running a dissi ravanger

Reecius July 12, 2013 5:24 pm #

Totally agree. The people who are saying Eldar aren’t good are either playing in a wildly different meta than we do or they aren’t very good at 40K. I just am not seeing it, I rarely every lost with Eldar with the old book in this edition and now with the new one I have been on a major hot streak.

9. colin July 12, 2013 5:40 pm #

To me the last Eldar book was still one of the best (if not the best) book in the hands of a good general. but probably only a skilled general for the most part. Seems GW wanted the army to be a good army so that anyone can play them and still do very well.

Now for us guys who played the last book very well this is even more awesome as Eldar a much better now. LOVE’EM!!!

Reecius July 13, 2013 10:34 am #

Totally agree. This book is made of win!