- Daniel Smith from North Carolina sent us an awesome letter saying his local group used the BAO format for their tournaments and that they his group really enjoyed them. We always love to hear that kind of thing.
- Sean Rivas from back east wrote us saying his D-Scythe Wraithguard army in Serpents has been a two-edged sword. They hit like a freight train, but get tar-pitted in combat too easily.
- Anime Expo has about 6 spots left! Get those tickets this is going to be a fun event. Also, we will be out of the shop from Friday, July 5th through Sunday, July 7th. The shop will be closed and we won’t be able to return any calls until we get back.
- Toughest Girls of the Galaxy is kicking ass, about to hit half a million! They say they have over 150 sculpts, so this could be a really cool release of some awesome, unique models to add to your various collections.
- Bolt Action releases a free PDF of the Italian faction rules as well as a new Italian Armored car and Tank commander models.
- Scibor releases a new Town Guard model which looks pretty cool. Great for D&D or Pathfinder.
- Graven Games out of the UK launches a nice looking Tsunami Portable Missile Launcher.
- Team America 40K posts their lists! Awesome art for our team, haha!
- GTA’s tournament. Kevin Brown’s (Janthkin) Daemons/Chaos first, Jason Rockhill’s Eldar/Tau 2nd, William Websters GK/Necrons rd. No Forge World in the top 3. Lyzz Foster went 2-1 with horde Slaneesh, something like 150+ models? Jy2 went 2-1 with quadruple Land Raider Space Wolves/Marines.
- Did you guys know Flyers have to declare if they are firing AA or ground fire at the beginning of the shooting phase?
- Turkeys and Vector Strike
I’m new to Tau, been playing Marines for a while. I haven’t played in any tourneys with this list yet but it does very well against the local guys. The list is built to be flexible and relatively consistent with answers for most things (ie 40 sniper rifles for MC’s 6 Fusion blasters for AV 14, and a high volume of fire for horde)
The list rocks 13 marker lights which may be a little low but other than that let me know what you think.
3×10 Kroot with sniper rounds – 210
3 Crisis Suits (2 fusione blaster, plasma, target lock 2 shield drones, 2 marker drones)(1 fusion blaster, plasma Marker drone, shield drone, drone controller) – Bonding knives -249
1 Riptide ion, fusion, Interceptor, Skyfire -210
Broadside (2 rail gun, smart missiles, 2 missile drones interceptors)(1 railgun, smart missile, 2 marker drones , drone controller( for the markers, doesnt work on missile drones) – Bonding knives -246
2×4 pathfinders – 88
Space Marines -608
8 Tactical Marines, SGT has a power weapon and melta bombs -158
Landraider Redeemer – Multi Melta -250
Total – 1748
So I have an effective fire base that can put out enough shots to clean house if enemies get close. I have a strong counter assault / objective claiming unit / fire Magnet, some anti flyer capabilities, 13 Marker lights spread across squads, 4 troops (38 models). I dont like that my ethereal is my warlord but I should be able to hide him on the skyshield. Also because he is an ethereal with no shooting weapon and not jet pack I cant have half of the Tau warlord traits which gives me a higher probability to get the ones that would greatly benefit my army.
1850 Drops the 2 ion rifles on the path finders and adds a Skyray with the overwatch and dark sun filter upgrades
Got a list I believe to be one of the nastiest 40k lists going at 1750pts. I challenge Reece to beat this with his footdar…
Tau with eldar allies (obviously)
Commander 2+ armour and FnP with neurochip (tank, monster hunter etc), multi-spectrum sensor suite (ignore cover – with broadsides), drone controller. (also 2pt neuroweb system jammer)
3 kroot x 10 – one team has sniper rounds
2 riptides with burst cannons and interceptor
1 riptide with Ion and interceptor (with precision shot)
4 marker drones x 2
3 broadsides with missiles and plasma (2 with target lock – to fire at different unit) – with 6 missile drones
2 x 3 bikes
I went with Eldrad over a farseer due to the redeployment, allowing me to make sure the uber unit of broadsides is where it needs to be as it really kicks out a lot of damage – 24 str8 ap4 and 3 (or 6) strength 6 AP2 shots that ignore cover with tank or monster hunter. This unit can easily delete 2 monsters a turn or 3 vehicles.
Having 2 riptides twinlinked due to Eldrad is just amazing. Also other potential buffs he may give.
Marker drones hide behind the skyray or another LOS blocking terrain piece. Troops are in reserve unless I need to bubble wrap or protect from scout moves (daemons or dark angels ravenwing etc)
All have SMS