Video Battle Report: Jetseer Eldar vs Tau

Video Battle Report

Video Battle Report

We’ve gone Eldar crazy! Grant busts out his dual deathstar Eldar/Dark Eldar Jetseer and Beast Pack list against Israel’s Tau. This is an interesting game because Israel is a veteran Tau player and Grant is a veteran Deldar alliance player. Grant didn’t change his list at all and Warlocks on bikes were one of the units I was very interested to see under the new rules as they looked like they took quite a rules hit at first read through. ==Caution, adult language!==

27 Responses to “Video Battle Report: Jetseer Eldar vs Tau”

1. z3n1st June 19, 2013 8:52 pm #

Nice report, close game.

2. steven morrow June 20, 2013 3:37 am #

but internet says warlocks are useless lol!

3. umbo June 20, 2013 4:53 am #

Just to check it looked like the eldar player was casting Maledictions after he moved. Removing armour or dominating etc. I thought they had to be done before the guys moved? I maybe wrong as you cant see the exact measurements

good report tho, I like the Tau list. VERY strong. The new tetras are super cheap and the commanders give so much to the list with drone controlling and buffing powers. Eldar list is very good also as long as he gets the powers he wants, in a tournament probably likely not to get them in one game and then its going to be v tough.

Reecius June 20, 2013 8:13 am #

I will ask Grant is he was doing that as that is illegal. I wasn’t there for this game, actually.

• z3n1st June 20, 2013 10:37 am #

I was thinking the same thing, it looks like he is outside of the 24″ range/LOS of most of those spells before he moved, but I marked it off as he probably measured. But yeah watching it again it looks more like he was out of range.

Reecius June 20, 2013 11:01 am #

If so I will definitely bring that to his attention as that makes a really big difference.

• jy2
          jy2 June 21, 2013 12:15 pm #

Grant did make a mistake in the game he played against me. He thought that you don’t need LOS to cast the eldar powers like Doom and Fortune. After the game, I checked and those powers are just normal maledictions/blessings, meaning you do need LOS.

4. Invok93 June 20, 2013 4:55 am #

This is one of the most disgusting Tau lists I’ve seen. On paper it could table some armies by turn 2

Reecius June 20, 2013 8:12 am #

It is pretty nasty, having played against it if you do not have the right tools for the job, you are owned.

• z3n1st June 20, 2013 10:38 am #

Yeah that list is beautiful

5. jy2
    jy2 June 20, 2013 7:04 am #

The only way to really beat the seer council is to alpha-strike them hard before they get a chance to “power up”. Either that or pray that they don’t get Fortune. With that said, the seer council is a bad matchup for Tau unless you pack a lot of fireknives or double-plasmas. The farsight-bomb can give them a run for their money though.

6. Chip June 20, 2013 11:23 am #

And we wonder why girls are still very very few and far between in this game.

Interesting game marred by pretty bad language.

Reecius June 20, 2013 12:15 pm #

Definitely some bad language in there which I was sure to warn about in the intro. Had women been present, I am sure the fellas would have toned it down.

• Jason
        Raw Dogger June 20, 2013 12:58 pm #

If women were present Israel would have been wearing his Tau muscle shirt and being all ‘Latiny’. Actually, I can’t watch the video at work. Is he wearing that muscle shirt? Is he slightly sweaty? I’m sure the sweat is glistening a little bit on his muscles, which are protruding mightily from within that tight shirt.

Reecius June 20, 2013 1:36 pm #

Hahaha, no, not the Tau muscle shirt, but a tight shirt none the less! haha

• Gareth June 21, 2013 12:52 pm #

… and by ‘bad language’ you mean homophobic and sexist bigotry. I’m all for the 4th amendment and swear like a sailor myself, but this borders on hate speech.

I feel bad for Grant having to play against this guy and for you having to put up with Israel in your store. This guy needs to adjust his attitude and join us in the 21st century.

Reecius June 21, 2013 1:52 pm #

I think you are reading more into it than is there, Israel is actually a really cool guy and neither homophobic or sexist at all. We just joke around a lot when it is all adult guys in the shop and the humor gets a bit rough. We’re all actually really open minded and laid back, I think it just came across the wrong way.

• Gareth June 21, 2013 3:42 pm

If you say so…

7. Jeremy Veysseire
    MikhailLenin June 20, 2013 1:52 pm #

How did the Seer Council Hit and Run?

Reecius June 20, 2013 2:00 pm #

Baron has Hit and Run.

• Jeremy Veysseire
        MikhailLenin June 20, 2013 2:07 pm #

So the Baron rides with the Council. I did not hear that at all.

Reecius June 20, 2013 6:44 pm #

Maybe he forgot to say it.

8. Charles June 20, 2013 3:05 pm #

Also check his multi assaulting. Triple assaulting against units spread out, IMHO will never work. You have to move every model that can get into base to base to the primary first, then and only then you can go to the second . The vehicle and the riptide vs what 6 jet bikes , is impossible to do this let alone the marker light drones. Iirc.

• SCP Yeeman June 21, 2013 7:21 am #

I thought the same thing. The hardest thing is to stay in coherency. A Triple assault like the one above is almost impossible, especially with how he explained the units are.

9. Black Blow Fly June 20, 2013 6:17 pm #

There’s no reason why Grant could not have triple assaulted versus bunched up Tau.

Warseers FTW !!!

10. Skari June 20, 2013 7:33 pm #

Another great report. The tau really messed up turn 1. I thought for sure he would have gone for the seer council BEFORE the powers got cast and all. Alas, not the case and he paid for it. I feel like the eldar player could have baited the tau into ignoring the council with the beasts.
    Also, that Tau list sure is nasty, but i feel 4 tetras are overkill. And the small unit of marker drones seemed out of place…

• fluger June 21, 2013 9:23 am #

From my angle it looks like most of them were hidden behind the ruin. Not sure how much he could’ve done.

Also, against Tau, you can make them pay for only having 36″ range on those broadsides if you have enough mobility or better range. Only thing in his army that was in range was the riptides and the seeker missiles. And both if you stay out of Markerlight range (hard to do since they are mobile), you can not get hit as hard.

Thanks for the post.