Tournament Time!

Tournaments Rule!

Tournaments Rule!

Let’s get ready to ruuuuumble!

So today we are going to the Feast of Blades Qualifier tournament, and we are excited to get some gaming in. I am personally very excited to play the new Eldar in an event!

I have been trying a lot of stuff, but there is still so much to experiment with.

So far I have this as a core:

Dire Avengers x 10

Dire Avengers x 10

Rangers x 5

Jet Bikes x 3: Shuriken Cannon

Fire Dragons x 5

Wave Serpent: Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack

Warp Spiders x 10

Heavy Support

War Walkers x 3: Scatter Lasers x 6

So far that is the hard core of my army that I think will go in every list.

What to add is the next question. I am thinking the following units:

Second Jetseer

The Baron (Dark Eldar)

Hellions (Dark Eldar)

Second unit of War Walkers x 3: Scatter lasers or Bright Lances x 6

Ravager with Disintegrators

I am not sure just yet, but I think any of those units will be quite good. I will report after the event!

10 Responses to “Tournament Time!”

1. Tangentical June 15, 2013 5:31 am

Yup, as I’ve already got a Baron, Hellions and the Ravager models I’m thinking about that one too but maybe basic warriors in a Venom for something to hurt opposing Weaithknights and quad guns.

2. Noah June 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Cant wait to see the results Reece. Im sure you will do well.

3. jy2
    jy2 June 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Watch out for Grant’s Seer Council Deldar. It’s a killer last edition and is still going strong in this edition.

4. Alex Yuen June 15, 2013 4:19 pm

I demand FOOTDAR so why the Wave Sep. *shaking fist*

5. Will Hodges June 15, 2013 6:45 pm

War walkers w/ scatterlaser and bright lance. I to demand footdar… It looks weird seeing a vehicle in a list on this site…

6. Jorge Martinez June 15, 2013 10:58 pm

congrats to Frankie for taking 1st place, Reece for taking 2nd place and Grant for taking 3rd. you all did great and brought lists that brought the pain like no other. i’m looking forward to seeing you guys at the next qualifier. great job to all and congrats to our first three qualifier winners.

7. Ibushi
    Ibushi June 16, 2013 2:25 pm

Yeah i agree that’s pretty much the core of my list right now too, although I really struggle with vehicles and flyers more than I’d like. Thinking I might switch 2nd Walker unit for 5 reapers incl Exarch w/ fast shot, then put them on an Icarus.

Just loving Bladestorm, Battle Focus, new jetbikes, and the Wraithknight!!

Reecius June 17, 2013 8:04 am

Yeah, same here. AA is the biggest issue I have, although so far I have killed ever flyer I have faced. It is all about twin linking high strength, high volume shots like spiders or dragons. That has worked well for me so far.

8. fluger June 17, 2013 1:05 pm

How are the dire avengers on foot been doing for you? I really can’t help myself and put them in a wave serpent.

Reecius June 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Amazing! They are meant to play on foot. In a Serpent I would run Guardians as you get more shots per point at the same BS and the shorter range isn’t so bad.