Eldar vs Nurgle Chaos 1850pts

Video Battle Report

Video Battle Report

Frankie and Reecius go head to head in another 6th ed Eldar practice game. We’re practicing for the Feast of Blades qualifier coming up and testing some new Eldar units out, particularly the new Wraithknight.

23 Responses to “Eldar vs Nurgle Chaos 1850pts”

1. Hippesthippo June 12, 2013 8:47 pm #

Fun report. Chaos just has a beef with Frankie right now.

You have to pick primaris or not after each roll btw.

Warp spiders are crazy good. I’ll refrain from using as many adjectives as last time, but you got the point.

S10 shots are really good these days. Surprised they added them into Eldar after yanking them from Tau. Hrrrmmmm GW being smart trying to make some money, maybe?

Reecius June 14, 2013 9:17 am #

Yeah, the primaris thing I know, I just forgot and Frankie didn’t care. It’s a good thing to point out, though.

Warp Spiders are redonculous. They are borderline OP.

And I agree, the mass amount of Str10 the Wraithknight packs in is why I take him. Plus his speed and durability, too good not to.

2. Pascal Roggen June 12, 2013 10:25 pm #

the wraithknight has move through cover, being a monstrous creature doesn’t take dangerous terrain tests 🙂

3. jadedknight June 12, 2013 10:56 pm #

Don’t forget that Monstrous Creatures have move through cover. No dangerous terrain tests jumping in and out of terrain.

• jadedknight June 12, 2013 10:57 pm #

That’s what happens when you don’t refresh before commenting.

Reecius June 14, 2013 9:14 am #

Yup, thanks! I forgot about that.

4. z3n1st June 13, 2013 10:13 am #

Doesn’t Mark of Tzeentch give +3 to tests for psychic powers or is that only Tzeentch models (not lords/princes)?

Reecius June 13, 2013 10:28 am #

That’s only Tzeentch Daemon models.

5. Will Hodges June 13, 2013 11:10 am #

• krisbot4000 June 13, 2013 4:26 pm #

“Nice battle Report. Fun fact if you can find the points… The new Scatter laser w/ laser lock makes other weapons on the model twin-linked. (pg 62)”

right, but an mc can only fire 2 weapons, and seeing as his WK is rocking 2 wraithcannons itd be a waste of points really.

handy with a suncannon though.

6. edwin June 13, 2013 11:34 am #

Totally read that opening as Frankie the fat hands….

Reecius June 14, 2013 9:14 am #

Either reading is fine by me! haha

7. Xenith June 13, 2013 11:48 am #

Nice report, but I think (RAW) a Daemon prince cannot take the scrolls of Magnus: models with the Mark of Tzeentch only. Not that it makes too much difference.

Reecius June 13, 2013 1:23 pm #

Ah yes, good point. We mostly took it to goof around, but I will look into that.

8. fleetofclaw June 13, 2013 12:24 pm #

So Reece, what did you think about the Wraithlord after this match? Is he pretty much old news with the new big dog in town? Every time I hear people comparing the lord vs the knight it seems they keep forgetting about the Knight’s speed. That is so massive on a monstrous creature and that came in to play big time in this fight.

All I can say is my Bugs are getting pretty jealous of all these new and improved MC’s coming out for non-MC dexes!

Reecius June 14, 2013 9:14 am #

No question, he is the new Sheriff. The Lord has been eclipsed. As you said, it is his speed that really counts. He is so fast! He is a tool, not a wrecking ball, you don’t just expect him to win the game, he runs around picking on weaker units and not dying.

• drowgamer June 14, 2013 9:49 am #

Would you consider taking the big boy as one of your HQ selections? A Craftworld Iyanden really has no drawbacks and having the Wraithknight as the Warlord the enemy really needs to commit allot of his/ her forces to get that slay the warlord point and it also frees up a HQ slot for more killy things.

• drowgamer June 14, 2013 12:43 pm #

err HS slot

Reecius June 14, 2013 3:22 pm #

Possibly, we just ordered some of the books, GW made them available to us. Once I have a chance to read it, I will definitely look at that.

9. Black Blow Fly June 13, 2013 1:59 pm #

Back in hte boss mode again… Welcome back chylde !!!

Reecius June 13, 2013 9:58 pm #

Eldar are soooo good! I am loving them!

10. Mr E June 13, 2013 9:46 pm #

@fleetofclaw, I as a long time eldar player will tremble with the release of the next nid book as it is coming on the heals of such a massive game wide sweeping of codex creep, the nid bigger than tryyrvagon will be no fun at all :), and Im going to run 3 just because i can.

Reecius June 14, 2013 9:11 am #

I hoe the rumors of a Dominatrix are true! That would be awesome and the rumored rules looked really fun.