Signals from the Frontline: Apocalypse Rumors, Eldar Order Updates, Anime Expo

signals from the Frontline

Signals from the Frontline: Apocalypse Rumors, Eldar Order Updates, Anime Expo, List for review.

Press play to listen to the podcast at the bottom of the notes.

Show Notes

6-11-13

News

• Get your Anime Expo tickets!! That is going to be a fun event and it is only 4 weeks away! Tickets are moving too, less than half to go.
  • Edmonton Mall GW in Canada is closing.
  • New Faction for Drop Zone Commander, hinted that the faction was mentioned in the background fluff.

Rumors

• Eldar Bomber rumors on the way.
  • Apocalypse Rumors

Rant Session

List Review

1750 Pts – Chaos Space Marines and Imperial Guard Roster – The Virulent Host

[Chaos Space Marines]——————————————————————————————————————–

1 Chaos Lord, 165 pts + Mark of Nurgle + Lightning Claw + Power Fist + Sigil of Corruption + Chaos Bike

5 Plague Marines, 150 pts + Plasma gun x2

1 Astropath [Guard], 30 pts

9 Veteran Squad (Troops) [Guard], 108 pts + Plasma gun x3

1 Veteran Sergeant [Guard], 7 pts

1 Vendetta [Guard], 130 pts

[Fortifications]——————————————————————————————————————————

1 Aegis Defence Line (100 pts), 1 Quad Gun Emplacement

Hey there Reece og Frankie!

I rly enjoy following frontline gaming. You always seem to know what you are talking about, and you inspire me With Your Battle reps. I have been playing a Harliestar, inspired by Frankie, With som tweaks of my own. So keep upp the good work!

Now for the New Codex, I am looking at building a competitiv list, and Im looking at Three Knights.

What are Your thoughts?

Im not happy With the AA/AT, the Knights need to focus blobs, and my farseers pray for fortune, while my Locks pray for renewer.

And Im taking two seers to up the odds on fortune, but this list rly need a autarch (+1/-1) for the GJB/WJB.

HQ 410

Wraithknight: SunC, Scatter 300

Wraithknight: SunC, Scatter 300

Wraithknight: SunC, Scatter 300

TOT: 1844

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

13 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Apocalypse Rumors, Eldar Order Updates, Anime Expo”

1. Veriamp June 11, 2013 2:25 pm

As someone from Newfoundland, it sounds really funny when you pronounce Newfoundland phonetically. Made me laugh pretty hard anyway. Great podcast guys, keep up the great work!

Reecius June 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Haha, I am sure I butchered it, sorry!

2. Rich with GSI June 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Is the astropath a good investment?

Reecius June 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Situationally, I think for your list that would be a very good investment, actually.

3. Adam
    Adam June 11, 2013 3:52 pm

I saw pictures of the army you mention that have tons of thudd guns and sabres on a skyshield…

Sadly, I really do feel that there was a ton of modeling for advantage going on. Here is a picture of his jam packed Sky-shield:

The actual Sabre Defense Platform is too big for even a 60mm base:

The forgeworld site also shows that Thuddguns are supposed to be on 60mm bases as well:

I have to say I’m a little disappointed that he was doing this, and I think the army would have been good enough with that list, even if he wasn’t going this far. I guess some times that’s what tournaments bring out of people!

PS – how can you tell which unit of sabres is which? are his extra crew even within coherency of the units that they’re supposed to be with?

• Adam
      Adam June 11, 2013 4:00 pm

If that is indeed the same guy, not 100% sure, but the picture is pretty sad.

Reecius June 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Oh yeah, that is not OK. The Saber is way too big for that and our rules don’t allow for that type of thing. Models have to be the same shape and size. You wouldn’t have been able to fit half of those models on there.

• bugsculptor June 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Totally agree – that pic is a particularly nasty example of what you can do when you model for an in game advantage.

I’d be really upset if a TO let that get through to the top tables.

• Cameron June 14, 2013 3:30 pm

It’s ok, just put a mycetic spore next to the landing pad and deploy the Doom 6″ underneath. No line of sight at the end of the movement phase for intercept, problem solved.

4. MrPhoenyxx June 12, 2013 7:30 am

Reecius isn’t Santa Clause? My world just shattered…

Reecius June 12, 2013 10:25 am

Sorry to undermine your world view, friend!

5. Cameron June 14, 2013 3:31 pm

I actually like it when you guys talk about the business side of the store… I think it’s really interesting!

Reecius June 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Yeah, it is something a lot of folks like to hear about.