Signals from the Frontline: News, Rumors, Kickstarters, General None-sense.
Press play to listen to the podcast.
4-16-13 Show Notes
- GW releases a psychic powers app for the iPhone.
- Leaked documents indicating a Games Day for Germany, Japan and Italy. They talk about how they have restructured the organization and economics of running the events.
- Army builder app for GW games in the works. About damn time!
- Warzone is at $152K with 3 hours to go as of the time of this recording. Can’t wait! Mishima has been unlocked. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/mutant-chronicles-warzone-resurrection
- Epsilon is a company new to us, they make pre-painted war gaming terrain in a wide range of scales. Looks pretty cool. http://escenografiaepsilon.blogspot.com.es/
- Ghosts of Hefei sounds pretty interesting. You play a Shadowrun style cyber-punk gang whose goal is to steal robots from factories and then sell them. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1931671462/ghosts-of-hefei-tabletop-near-future-gang-warfare
- Warlord Games releases some sweet new Comanche models to go with their Black Powder games. http://www.warlordgames.com/32873/comanche-indians/
- Battle Systems, a company making DYI terrain shows off their new modules. Very cool, looks fairly easy to do, too if you are comfortable with cutting and pasting. Great for Necromunda, Infinity, etc. http://www.battlesystems.co.uk/index.html
- Games & Gears shows off some pics of their new City Board built specifically for Dropzone Commander. Looks fantastic, they are saying that the 2D prints they are using now will be made into plastic, injection molded (same as GW) boards with a target price of $100, which would be nuts if they could pull that off. https://www.facebook.com/GamesNGears
- Drake: the Dragon Wargame passed 71K, they’ve released new miniatures and posted a video battle report of how their game plays. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/agm/drake-the-dragon-wargame/posts
- Dwarven Forge’s Kickstarter going nuts! They’re at almost 700K, and climbing. Check out the video the owner made, it really shows his passion for the game, and he sounds like a Good Fella gamer! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dwarven-forges-game-tiles-revolutionary-miniature/posts
- May: High Elves
- June: Eldar
- July: Apocalypse
- August: Lizardmen
- September: Blood Bowl
- October: Space Marines
- November: Dwarves?
- December: Hobbit
- January: Tyranids
- High Elves
- Heard about a unit with Bows and Cloaks
- Swordmasters retain ASF (or similar) and move to Rare
New Helf unit in core with GW
- Discuss Adepticon
Here’s a TAC Necron list that I’m looking at taking to several local events. Hope you’ll be able to do a review on the Show sometime.
Zahndrek and Oberyon
Destroyer Lord w/ Mind Shackle Scarabs and Sempiternal Weave
Harbinger of Despair with Veil
10x Tesla Immortals
5x Warriors w/ Night Scythe
5x Warriors w/ Night Scythe
6x Wraiths, 3x Whipcoils
2x Annihilation Barges w/ Tesla Cannons
3x Spyders no upgrades
Zahndrekh starts with the Immortals, and Obyron stars with the Spyders. After the spyders boost up the scarabs for a turn or two, Obyron veils them to shore up fights that I need to win. Early pressure with the scarab swarm, Wraiths and the barges. Deep disruption with the Death and Despair squad as well as the Night Scythes coming in.