Upcoming Kickstarter: Secret Weapon Terrain Boards

These look very cool. I wonder what the price point will be.

Secret Weapon Terrain Tiles

Secret Weapon Terrain Tiles

No more teasing. Today I received a shipment from China that included 16 samples of our first modular, injection molded tabletop tiles. This project is a reality – and this “Scrap Yard” sample is but the first of many tiles.

The goal is to provide you with multiple themes consisting of 16 tile sets — enough to provide a 4×4′ table with 256 unique layouts! Each theme will include matching terrain, bases, and fortifications… and the “Scrap Yard” set is already complete and will be unveiled with the Kickstarter campaign.

But “Scrap Yard” is only the beginning…..

12 Responses to “Upcoming Kickstarter: Secret Weapon Terrain Boards”

1. SCP Yeeman April 11, 2013 12:48 pm #

If these are anything like the quality that Secret Weapon puts out, these will be top notch! I too am anxious to see what they will cost. i think they will be adequately priced, as is much of there products.

Reecius April 11, 2013 1:01 pm #

I hope so, as a really modular table with 1’x1′ squares would be very cool, and very customizable.

2. Christian April 11, 2013 1:40 pm #

I hope they do a set of 24 ie a 4×6 table.

Reecius April 11, 2013 2:08 pm #

I do as well, and I believe that is the intent, to be able to make a full table.

3. skari April 11, 2013 6:58 pm #

Awesome. An affordable alternative to the “realms of battle” table would be awesome. Is the hight on the tiles the same as the GW ones? Like that you could mix and match for ultimate customizability, especially with some of those forgeworld ones.

Reecius April 12, 2013 9:25 am #

The Secret Weapon tiles are a lot smaller, but I think with some ingenuity you could probably rig them together.

4. Kingsfan April 11, 2013 7:12 pm #

Secret Weapon will be getting lots of my money. Table with matching terrain, bases, and fortifications? Yes please. I’m sure the quality will be right up there with all the other things they produce. I hope this takes off in a big way.

Reecius April 12, 2013 9:24 am #

Yeah, it’s a great idea and one that will appeal to all minis gamers, I think.

5. the shaman journey April 11, 2013 9:51 pm #

Does your site have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to send you an e-mail.
    I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

6. Sean Ireland April 12, 2013 8:27 am #

I’m a bit concerned that smaller size of these boards will like a big grid. Other than that they seem like a great option. SW stuff is usually fantastic.

Reecius April 12, 2013 9:22 am #

Yeah, I thought about that too, and I think it is inevitable.

7. fleetofclaw April 13, 2013 12:27 am #