News Update

News

We just got off the phone with GW and they really screwed the pooch with the Tau release.

So, you all may have been reading this elsewhere, but GW USA seriously bungled this one. Apparently, they are totally out of Tau product. Like, all of it is out of stock. We are getting all of ONE of each of the finecast models. Yeah. ONE. Holy crap. They said we’d get more on Wednesday of next week, but that is slim pickings. Anyone that ordered a finecast character can wait for their order to ship when we get their stuff.

Also, there apparently are no Fire warriors or Hammerheads left. NONE. We were charged for the large amount we ordered, so I am assuming we are getting those, but no one seems to know what’s going on right now. It’s a bit frustrating to say the least.

What this means is that if you put in a pre-order for Tau with us, your order may be missing items, or it may not. We will of course refund anything if individuals do not want to wait or we can hold your order until the product arrives. We’re as frustrated as anyone with this. From what I have gathered, FLGS’ around the country are experiencing the same problems, and some stores got no product at all! Wow.

I don’t know what the deal has been with their logistics lately, but their supply chain has really been off. Pretty much since 6th ed dropped, we’ve been having serious issues with getting products in that we need, when we need them. It seems that GW has either over-estimated or underestimated the market fairly dramatically with these recent releases. They’ve been sold out of weird items for a month at a time such as Drop Pods and Basilisks, but then we’ve been able to get as much as we want of some Finecast items which are often harder to get.

For a company as large as GW this really feels weird, but who knows what’s going on on the back end. We’ll have to wait and see.

If anyone has any questions about their order, feel free to contact us but please bear in mind, as of now, we won’t know what we got until Friday when the shipment comes in.

20 Responses to “News Update”

1. Son of Dorn April 3, 2013 10:22 pm #

Still time left to preorder? 🙂

Reecius April 4, 2013 11:04 am #

Yes, indeed! We just don’t know when we will be getting it, doh!

• Son of Dorn April 4, 2013 2:02 pm #

My FLGS got their entire order filled. His distributor said the entire west coast got all of their stuff taken care of first. Though I think you guys have a slightly higher volume with your web sales than my local store.

Reecius April 4, 2013 3:17 pm #

We put in a flipping massive order because we knew how hot Tau would be, and we were told it was in all likelihood would be filled entirely (apart from the finecast characters) but that Firewarriors and Hammerheads specifically may not make it. We’ll see tomorrow, either way! haha, so lame.

• Son of Dorn April 4, 2013 5:05 pm

Ya. It’s what we heard up here as well. 🙂

• Son of Dorn April 4, 2013 2:24 pm #

Order email AWAY!!! 😛

Reecius April 4, 2013 3:17 pm #

Your business is appreciated, sir!

2. Natfka April 3, 2013 10:59 pm #

I am sorry to hear that. The Tau release is going to end up being a rough one. I hope that just about everyone is able to get their codices at the very minimum, but that is looking dim for some stores.

Hopefully June is looking up for Eldar.

Reecius April 4, 2013 10:44 am #

They just can’t seem to keep up with their own release schedule. Almost every release since 6th dropped has been messed up in some way.

3. Grizzly Adams April 4, 2013 3:53 am #

Ya know, I really am not a conspiracy theorist or a GW hater troll, but it makes me wonder if this was not somehow done on purpose in order to try to get people to order straight from GW next time they do a preorder, since all their orders are all getting filled on time and their stores stocked.

Either way, if they did their preorders more than a week in advance they might have a better idea of the demand for particular products and be able to plan accordingly. GW makes using common sense seem so hard sometimes…

Reecius April 4, 2013 10:44 am #

I thought the same thing, but their site is sold out, too.

4. Dan Keller April 4, 2013 4:13 am #

With 6th being a game of shooting is awesome, perhaps thats why a well renowned shooting army (with not much else, no huge defense (Necron, GK), CC ability (GK)) is receiving more attention than they anticipated. Hell I don’t play that often (once a season), already have two armies and I almost bought a tau army just for that Riptide alone.

Reecius April 4, 2013 10:45 am #

That riptide is straight amazing.

5. Vanhammer_Bard April 4, 2013 6:58 am #

a conspiracy is about illegal activity so is plainly not even anywhere in the bounds of this.

6. Sean Ireland April 4, 2013 8:39 am #

It will be interesting to see if GW retail has full selections of product…

Reecius April 4, 2013 10:45 am #

I have been told they are getting barely anything. Way to be, GW. Way to be.

7. Defeatmyarmy April 4, 2013 9:57 am #

Wow…GW would be better run with a bunch of chimpanzees. GW is making random items “limited edition” lol. GW is more unorganised than I think Ive ever seen them in 10 years, seems like their main manufacturer in Europe is even struggling right now. Guess they forgot Tau was one of their best selling armies of 3rd edition.

8. mercutioh April 4, 2013 11:07 am #

Imperius dominatus has sources saying other non online sellers are getting their stock with no issues. Sorry Reece, I smell a rat. GW just made it official that Frontline and other discounters are the enemy. I hope for your sake I am wrong because I am a big fan.
    Other than when you spread that filthy nid propoganda everywhere

Reecius April 4, 2013 11:43 am #

We’re hearing that even GW’s own retail stores are getting shafted on this one.

9. Benji April 4, 2013 10:23 pm #

Between crap like this and their stupid policies I think it’s time to throw in the towel with GW products.