Tau vs Grey Knights & IG 1750 BAO Practice

Video Battle Report

Video Battle Report

Israel’s Tau have been on a rampage and here he takes on Mack Martin’s Grey Knights with IG allies in a 1750pt BAO practice game.

11 Responses to “Tau vs Grey Knights & IG 1750 BAO Practice”

1. Son of Dorn February 19, 2013 6:43 pm #

I gotta say, these are almost boring to watch. In an edition that emphasizes shooting the way it does, a Tau army with plenty of FW units are almost untouchable. Every match goes down the same way.

Reecius February 19, 2013 9:04 pm #

Oh contrar, sir. I beat that army with Nids quite soundly.

Also, remember, these guys are all playing against this for the first time, it takes a few goes to get used to something new.

• Son of Dorn February 20, 2013 2:18 pm #

Well in light of the fact that nobody is used to fighting it, why not show more experienced players taking it on? Watching the same massacre, repeatedly, is depressing.

Reecius February 21, 2013 9:27 am #

Fair enough. Look up the match between he and I, my Nids, his Tau, and it is a different story. Other than that though, he has been stomping people’s nuts! haha, but hey, Israel is good, he has a good list (plus his army is beautiful) and it is on us to figure a way out to beat him.

• Son of Dorn February 21, 2013 2:19 pm

Oh, I’ve seen it. It was a good match, but the rest all tell the same story. Terta Markerlights + Guns = Win.

Reecius February 21, 2013 2:31 pm

True, true. However, I think that with a rematch, all of those guys would do a LOT better. I think a lot of it is that first time shocker, where you don’t full know what to expect. Next time, I bet all of those players kill the Tetras first. I used to play a lot, and you learn that markerlights have to die really quick, they are too much of a force multiplier.

2. Darthdiggler February 19, 2013 6:46 pm #

That’s why FW is banned east of the Rockies. :-).

Reecius February 19, 2013 9:04 pm #

Making Tau beat Grey Knights and IG is a bad thing? I disagree, sir, I think that is awesome!

• D-ManA February 20, 2013 9:15 am #

I live east of the Rockies and forgeworld is not banned in my area. In fact we encourage it.

Reecius February 21, 2013 9:30 am #

Good one you! We love it, and now that it has become more accepted here, everyone is opening their minds to it in our area and enjoying it as it really helps to mitigate weaknesses in your list with AA options, Barrage weapons, etc.

3. edwin February 20, 2013 9:22 pm #

Gun tau just seem lame. I had 1750 points and I traded them all away after 5 games because the army was so boring. I can’t imagine how boring that army has become with the edition of the aegis defense line.