Necrons vs Blood Angels 1750 BAO Practice

Video Battle Report

Video Battle Report

In this game, Reecius busts out his new Necrons (Junk-ta-Crons!) vs. Raw Dogger’s Blood Angels in this BAO practice game.

14 Responses to “Necrons vs Blood Angels 1750 BAO Practice”

1. dr.insanotron February 19, 2013 9:51 pm #

So how are the Terminators running you down?

Reecius February 20, 2013 8:43 am #

They shouldn’t have, we both just forgot.

2. Aycee71 February 20, 2013 7:10 am #

Couple of observations. On turn two you mentioned that the scarabs we are able to make save because of Stealth. In 6th edition Swarms lost the Stealth USR. Also when the Deathmarks went into reserves they go into Ongoing Reserves and so don’t have to roll to see of they come back on.

On turn 4 you stated that you lost combat and that they ran you down but then you rolled for EL on Zandrekh and the Destroyer Lord. In your recent BAO FAQ in regards to Necrons you have in there that you don’t get EL or RP if you are swept.

Reecius February 20, 2013 8:46 am #

All good points, for one, this was filmed before we wrote the faq, a lot of these videos have a week or more from filming to editing to posting.

Iirc, stealth was from zandrekh, not usr. I goofed on ongoing reserves, and getting run down by termies. Been a while since I played crons.

3. shoe February 20, 2013 10:18 am #

Mindshackle means D3 hits on the unit, not D3 attacks.

Reecius February 21, 2013 9:29 am #

Indeed they do! Can you tell I have not played Crons in a while? hahaha

4. Ben Cromwell February 20, 2013 10:30 am #

I must say I always enjoy watching your battle reports. Keep up the good work

5. Son of Dorn February 20, 2013 4:06 pm #

Looked like a great game. I love when matches are close down to the last second. 😀

6. DeoSangre February 21, 2013 8:02 pm #

If vehicles aren’t denial units, how is the Stormraven able to count for linebreaker?

Reecius February 22, 2013 8:59 am #

We both mistakenly thought of it as scoring because we assumed it was fast attack, forgetting it was a heavy support choice. We goofed.

7. Jason
    Clown Baby February 22, 2013 9:14 pm #

LOL seeing as how I haven’t really played any 6ed games I am completely blaming Reece on all of these rules mistakes!

Reecius February 25, 2013 12:58 pm #

I accept that blame! Haha, we got a bunch of them wrong, doh!

8. Castle February 27, 2013 12:12 am #

Pretty entertaining battle report, always like to see crons in action. The models look pretty good considering the constraints your working with, they really give a rusty beat up feel to them, only complaint would be that the massive gun on the monolith kinda looks out of place.

As for the list it looks fun to play, however it looks like flyers might give you some trouble with all those blast templates and generally nothing to hit a flyer with.

And ya, its generally a good idea to deepstrike the monolith when facing deepstriking melta, alternatively you could have bubble wrapped the monolith with your scarabs to start the game since with 10 scarabs you could make a 33″ net.

I look forward to seeing the tomb blades in action again, the beamers would seem to give them a huge damage output, but they are a glass cannon. You could try and deploy the destroyer lord with them to absorb some fire directed at them before he gets close enough to split off.

Looking forward to more junkcron Battles in the future.

Reecius February 27, 2013 9:30 am #

Yeah, pretty much everyone that’s seen them thinks the army looks good and the Monolith is a bit crap! haha, guess that means i need to touch it up.

I agree with you about Flyers, as is, I will get pasted by a good flyer army. I was thinking about tossing in a Night Scythe of my own in addition to a Quad Gun to give me the ability to fight back…maybe in place of the Lith? Not sure yet as the Lith is pretty critical in my mental strategy for keeping the army mobile (just didn’t get to show that off in this report, haha!).

I will have to try moving the Destroyer lord around, that is a good idea. I think the Tomb Blades are going to be a surprise hit, I just used them very poorly this first go around.