Video Battle Report: 1750 BAO Test Match Tau vs. Harliestar

Video Battle Report

Video Battle Report

In this BAO test match, Israel busts out his beautiful Tau army against Frankie’s Harliestar.

13 Responses to “Video Battle Report: 1750 BAO Test Match Tau vs. Harliestar”

1. Casey January 22, 2013 7:57 pm #

Well I guess we all know the hard counter to the Harliestar now: marker lights and a metric shit ton of firepower. Nice armies!

Reecius January 22, 2013 8:07 pm #

Hahah, right? And Israel played it smart, he took out the support units and used mobility and marker lights to take the stupid cover save away form the Harliestar.

But yes, both armies were really pretty!

• Puretide January 23, 2013 5:21 am #

I always said tau are the army that cause the harliestar the most problems because of markerlights and have the mobiliity to move away from them.

Reecius January 23, 2013 12:04 pm #

It seems you were right! Frankie got pimp slapped in that game.

2. jy2
    jy2 January 22, 2013 8:26 pm #

Tau is an often under-estimated army that is really good. As a matter of fact, with probably the exception of my crons, Tau has always given almost all my armies problems. Frankly, I’m not really surprised that Israel was able to beat Frankie’s Harliestar.

• Wrath January 23, 2013 12:42 am #

yea, lets see him do it with a strait codex list. The only viable lists I have found rely on FW units far too much.

3. Defeatmyarmy January 23, 2013 2:31 pm #

Props to Israel, glad to see something could kill that build. I think he was the only tau player who was still winning tournaments before 6th 🙂

Reecius January 23, 2013 2:41 pm #

One of them, yeah. JWolf was doing well with them in 5th, too.

4. fulcrum January 23, 2013 2:55 pm #

Wont the harliestar take a beating against heldrakes & noise marines? Or am I missing something?

Reecius January 23, 2013 3:00 pm #

It could be bad, yes. But, Fuegan or the FD Exarch on a Quad Gun is brutal against Flyers. Noise Marines would be good so long as they can get around the tanking characters, but they would probably only get a single volley before getting mulched.

• DevianID January 23, 2013 4:41 pm #

Fuegan is only s9 with smash right? So t5 spawn may give them fits?

Reecius January 23, 2013 5:12 pm #

He goes to 10 as his axe makes him strength 5. IIRC, the Eldar FAQ specifically addresses this one. Hmm, I just looked it up and the Fire Axe is +1 strength AND Smash, which is weird. But, the BRB defines multiple modifiers using the formula we all know, multiply first, add second. So, I think now he is 9, not 10, we’ve been playing that wrong.

• DevianID January 23, 2013 10:13 pm

Would you still take him at s9 for the feel no pain and tank hunters and all? Or was smashing at 10 a big part of his role?