Alternative Miniatures: HiTech Miniatures: Terrorizers

These look pretty sweet!

HiTech Miniatures has released some very cool new miniatures that would make excellent Obliterators, Mutilators or Terminator Characters.

As usual, these models are not cheap, but they are also very cool, again, as usual.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
13 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Brian
Brian
9 years ago

Those look Really cool.

Any suggestions on other sites that sell cool bits that could be used for customizing models to different from the standard

Terence Quinn
Terence Quinn
9 years ago
Terence Quinn
Terence Quinn
9 years ago
Reply to  Reecius

No worries; I’ve got multiple commission ideas bouncing around in my head, so I’m fairly familiar with a number of them.

Kromlech is up there (esp. with their Zephyr Missile Launcher as a ‘count as’ Cyclone Launcher for Marine Termies).

There’s also Kabuki w/Knights of Legend and Stand Alones (‘Primarchs’ and famous generals of history w/a scifi overhaul)

CMON carries a good number of these companies, so that’s a solid place to start.

Brian
Brian
9 years ago
Reply to  Terence Quinn

Thanks a lot

Really appreciate it.

Gregorius42
9 years ago

Hi tech has been on a couple of other podcasts with their new Proturbo model.

They have some very nice models except their angels are winged angels. What’s with that.

Wargames Factory has some IG alternatives. Does Frontline carry or can get those?

Hippesthippo
Hippesthippo
9 years ago

I mentioned a while ago that you should stock hitech. I’d like to rescind that statement. Their models are over the top with stupid detail you don’t notice at first. Gazzilions of skulls with sunglasses, random gears, a milion shrunken heads.

Even worse, out of nine models, 3 had arms that weren’t cured properly (felt like mushy rubber), and every single model had significant miscasts including “weeping,” resin down the whole front of the body, air pockets cutting off claws, etc.

When my first three arrived, I emailed them photos and asked for replacements. They said ok. I had six more in the mail and I was nervous. Of course when the rest of my order arrived the next day with all the same problems, I sent more photos and asked them to replace those as well.

At that point they said they couldn’t replace anything (including the first batch they said ok to) unless I mailed the models to them in Poland, at which point they would inspect them and let me know what they could do.. I said screw it, the models looked way worse in person than in picture and weren’t worth the hassle or shipping costs.

The above is referring to their “terrorizer,” (obliterator) line of figures. My advice: don’t waste your time or money with hitech.

6thstreetAlan
6thstreetAlan
9 years ago

Hey stop giving away my secrets I am building these guys now in prep from A-Con.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x