Imperial Vox Caster Tournament Results

Hey everyone, just got back from San Diego. The tournament was great fun, big thanks to At Ease Games and Imperial Vox Caster for the awesome event.

A big congratz to Dave Fay for winning best overall with his very nicely painted Black Templars. Josh Dearth won best general with max battle points with his sisters of battle. Warboss Dugg took third best general with his Imperial Guard, and Chaos came in second with a Double Dragon list. I took best painted with my IG/Wolves.

I’ll go into more detail on lists and such tomorrow. I’m wiped out from the trip.

22 Responses to “Imperial Vox Caster Tournament Results”

1. Dave_Fay November 18, 2012 9:55 pm #

Dave Day = Dave Fay
    Josh Sellers = Joshua Dearth

Was good seeing you!

Reecius November 19, 2012 12:53 pm #

Thanks for the corrections, I was dead tired when I wrote that.

Good seeing you, too and congratz on the big win!

• Dok November 20, 2012 4:09 pm #

Wait, hold on! I didn’t win???

• Dok November 20, 2012 4:10 pm #

Oh, and grats Dave and Reece!

2. John November 19, 2012 7:32 am #

Sisters of battle won? Chaos came in second, ahead of guard? Oh, whatever shall the Internet do in the face of such rampant impossibility?

3. Joshua Dearth November 19, 2012 12:01 pm #

List of things to accomplish this weekend?

* Clean out the garage. Check!
    * Wash the cars. Check!
    * Turn the internet on its head with impossibilities. Check!

My weekend is now complete.

Thanks again for coming down guys. It was a blast having you there. I will have to get a chance to play you again some other time Reece. Give my best to Frankie, shame he couldn’t make it. Hope he is feeling better.

And tell him that Harliestar is disgusting by the way!

Reecius November 19, 2012 12:53 pm #

Yes, the Harliestar is disgusting, and I will tell him hello for you. He is feeling better, too.

Congratz on stomping everyone’s face!

• BLA November 19, 2012 1:19 pm #

can you post the SoB list? and comment on its play?

4. Joshua Dearth November 19, 2012 1:48 pm #

Pretty simple list.

HQ: Celestine

Troop: 10 Sisters, 2 Meltas, Repressor
    Troop: 10 Sisters, 2 Meltas, Repressor

Fast: 5 Dominions, 2 Meltas, Immolator
    Fast: 5 Dominions, 2 Meltas, Immolator
    Fast: 5 Seraphim, 2 Hand Flamers

Heavy: 8 Retributors
    Heavy: Exorcist

Ally HQ: Coteaz

Ally Troop: 4 Death Cults, 4 Crusaders
    Ally Troop: 3 Servitors with Multi Meltas, 3 Acolytes with Plasmaguns, 2 Jokeros

Ally Fast: Stormraven with Multi Melta, Plasma cannon, Hurricane Bolters

Bastion

5. Joshua Dearth November 19, 2012 1:55 pm #

It has been fun building this army in the last three weeks.

The 8 Retributors in the Bastion manning the four heavy bolters as well as their own 4 heavy bolters makes for some fun, (honestly anytime you get to fire 24 rending heavy bolter shots from a unit that cost less than 125pts its fun), that and the Jokero squad seems to get the extra 12″ range on their weapons more than it probably should, which helps when they are with Coteaz in the Bastion as well. (Again, 36″ range Multi Meltas and Plasmaguns are fun!).

Other than that, the army is primarily an alpha strike army. It is designed to hit the two or three key elements of my opponents army first and hard before they have time to respond. The rest is just cleanup after that.

It was a great tourney, unfortunately I did not get the pleasure of facing Doug, Dave, or Reece this time. I have gotten to face off against Dave a number of times over the past year, but I have yet to get the joy of facing Doug or Reece. I am hoping that will be remedied at The Slaughter in Space this year.

All in all a great event, I can say honestly that I am surprised I was able to table all of my opponents. Hope this clears up any questions in regards to the list. Thanks for the interest.

6. Jeremy Veysseire
    MikhailLenin November 19, 2012 3:23 pm #

This SoB looks a like the one I took to NOVA Open and TSHFT over the weekend.

Good to see that other people are having success using that SoB/Coteaz mix.

• Jeremy Veysseire
      MikhailLenin November 19, 2012 3:40 pm #

Well let me correct that statement and say that it contains the core ingredient similar to what I took.

7. jy2
    Jy2 November 19, 2012 8:38 pm #

Sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe I’ll get to play some of you guys at the BAO.

Reecius November 19, 2012 9:05 pm #

Most definitely! Well, not Frankie or I, but the other guys, yes.

• Jeremy Veysseire
        MikhailLenin November 19, 2012 9:39 pm #

You mean to tell me I am flying down from Portland Or and I wont even get a chance to play Reecius or beat down the harlie-star Frankie!

Reecius November 20, 2012 11:35 am #

Unfortunately not! We can’t play. But we’re glad you’ll be coming!

8. Izzy Vega November 20, 2012 1:17 am #

So mad I didn’t make this….I thought was this weekend coming….this night shift makes me lose track of days eveb after 4 years of doimg it lol….freekin dave!! Save some prizes for the rest of us in san diego!! My crons are struggling to compete in their current state buti’ll be back! Glad you guys had a good time!!reece we gotta get some drinks next time you come down

Reecius November 20, 2012 11:36 am #

We’ll definitely have to grab a few drinks next time! We went out for beers with some of the fellas from the event after, it was good fun. Hopefully you’ll make it next time.

9. Travis K November 20, 2012 4:24 pm #

Wow someone won with Black Templars AFTER the latest faq’s! That’s pretty darn impressive. What was he running in his list?

• Dave_Fay November 20, 2012 6:28 pm #

EC w/ ACC

Marshal w/termie armor, storm shield, powerfist

Reclusiarch w/ Bike, Termie honors, Storm Shield, Powerfist