Calling all Cars! We Are Looking for a 40K Paint Judge for the BAO!

Hey everyone, we’re looking for a dedicated paint judge for the BAO this year!

We’ve tried numerous systems and have come to the conclusion that we just need a dedicated paint judge for the BAO this year. We simply don’t have time to give everyone a proper judging while running the event, it is just too much to do.

So, we are looking for someone to step in and be a dedicated 40K Paint Judge for us!

What we’re looking for:

A skilled painter or someone who has knowledge of, and the ability to identify advanced painting and modeling techniques. You need to be able to judge over 100 armies in a day, too, so you have to work at a good pace. Fairness, transparency and equality in your judging process are paramount. We will provide you with a rubric form which to judge the painting, all you have to do is go around judging every army and recording their score during the event.

If that sounds like a task you would enjoy at the BAO, we’d love to have you! We’ll hook you up with free admission to the event, a Zero Comp Shirt, and lunch each day, on the house!

Shoot me an email at: Contact@FrontlineGaming.org if you are interested!

12 Responses to “Calling all Cars! We Are Looking for a 40K Paint Judge for the BAO!”

1. D-ManA November 15, 2012 8:28 am

Hmm too bad I live in Oklahoma. It would be fun for me.

Reecius November 15, 2012 10:24 am

Maybe next year!

2. David November 15, 2012 9:20 am

I am just going to go ahead and nominate Obidiah from Games of Berkeley. He was the only Sisters player last year at the BAO. Nice guy and a pretty damn good painter. Assuming he doesn’t want to play.

Reecius November 15, 2012 10:23 am

We have someone interested, but I would be glad to have Obidiah on board if our first volunteer can’t follow through.

3. Rich with GSI November 15, 2012 11:03 am

Why do the techniques need to be advanced? Is how the person did it that important? What if the army just looks amazing?

Sorry, I’m an art student from way back and a lot of times the less technical art is the most striking.

Reecius November 15, 2012 12:49 pm

I agree, but we need an objective way of judging people’s armies that removes as much subjectivity as possible. Otherwise we get endless complaints, and sometimes accusations of favoritism. It seriously is a no win situation!

• Rich with GSI November 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Artistic endeavors are rarely objective. Makes sense, though. Thanks!

Why not have a single judge pick the top 10 and then 3 other judges (randomly chosen?) pick the best from there? Average the scores and all that rot.

Reecius November 16, 2012 7:43 am

I 100% agree that they’re not objective, but unfortunately, when judging and giving out prizes, you have to be.

As for judging the top 10, we’ve tried that and people get upset when they don’t get feedback on their armies, everyone wants to be judged. Seriously, it’s a no win situation! Haha

4. Hippesthippo November 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Where can I find more info for the BAO? I want to attend, but I can’t seem to find hotel info or anything. Seeing as how I’ll be flying cross country, the sooner you get that stuff up the better.

Reecius November 16, 2012 9:18 am

We haven’t made the official announcement, yet. All of the ticket prices, etc. will be up by the end of the month. We hope to see you there!

5. Rob the Nob November 18, 2012 10:48 pm

hey this is rob from duel con the guy who had the Blue O.S.L. necrons iam interested if you still need judges for B.A.O.

Reecius November 19, 2012 3:26 pm

I sent you a PM, that would be great!