40K Video Battle Report: Tyranids Vs. Daemons 1750pts BAO Test Game

Video Battle Report

In this BAO test game, Smilin Dan busts out his Tzeentch Daemons (with blood Thirster!) against the Nids! This game shows some really solid tactics for fighting Daemons of the Tzeentch variety.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
17 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Matt Bess
Matt Bess
9 years ago

Where did your buddy get that Blood Thirster? I know Rob at HOP was making a bunch of Daemon Princes and Thirsters out of the WHFB Giant kits, was that one of them?

I think they look decent, but not Chaos-y enough for my taste.

Nice report, I’m surprised you didn’t just throw Swarmy in that combat with the Prince and Fate Weaver. I think that prolly would have neded it much sooner and the game would have been in the bag.

Defeatmyarmy
Defeatmyarmy
9 years ago
Reply to  Matt Bess

Lol I made and painted the bloodthirsty myself, bought the wings online awhile ago. I think a chaos giant is an awesome themed thirst, originally it was just a painted greater daemon for csm I added the wings because I tried to use him as the tzeentch daemon hq, left my codex at home today so drawing a blank. I made sure to keep the cow on his hip cause there’s never enough BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Defeatmyarmy
Defeatmyarmy
9 years ago

So…I’m probably dropping the screamers for boon spam and breath with 3 daemon princes fateweaver an loodthirster use the leftover points for maybe csm noise marine allies. I really needed firepower an an outflanking daemon mace is boss if he can survive….

jy2
jy2
9 years ago

Flying FMC’s, while still dangerous, are no longer the best or even the most competitive unit in the dex anymore. Screamers and flamers have taken over. I am finding FMC’s as a good support unit (if you can believe that) for those flamers/screamers. But then again, my armies are usually more concerned with the quantity of attacks over quality of those attacks. In that regards, flamers and screamers hit hard and hit more so they are usually my #1 target priority over the daemon princes.

bugsculptor
9 years ago
Reply to  Reecius

Fortunately the screamers and fiends are in the same slot… I would not like to face six maxed units of those choices.

It was interesting to see the gaunt “defence in depth” strategy against the alpha striking flamers. I bubble wrap with mine a lot, but haven’t needed to create such a large “buffer zone” defence before.

jy2
jy2
9 years ago
Reply to  Reecius

You don’t need to worry about that. The way those flamers deploy, he can get 3 or at most 4 templates on your big guys, even if he brings a 9-flamer unit. That means at most, you’re taking 1-2W on your big guys on the turn he drops.

Then on your turn, it’s just mop-up on those flamers.

Against nids, I would most likely deploy back and then on Turn 2, advance my army aggressively.

jy2
jy2
9 years ago
Reply to  bugsculptor

Actually, flamers and fiends are in the same FOC slot.

jy2
jy2
9 years ago

Just some advice if I may.

In an objectives-game, I wouldn’t deploy the bugs castled up right in the corner like that. They lack the mobility to reach the objectives. All daemons really had to do was to tie up the bugs in their little corner while their troops just land on the objectives. That’s just how daemons play (and win). They force you into a defensive position and then they make you deal with all of their killy units. Meanwhile, you are stuck in your deployment zone playing a defensive game, trying to fight not to lose your objectives while daemon troops are sitting pretty on their own objectives.

But at least you’ve got the ymgarls to try to make a play on the opponent’s objectives.

Turn 7 Wargaming
9 years ago

Reece,

Where is the precedence that a FMC’s facing is determined by the direction they scattered? This makes logical sense, but what is the rulebook basis for that ruling?

Turn 7 Wargaming
9 years ago
Reply to  Reecius

I re-watched the section around your comment at 3:15. I thought the 9″ move was the scatter, not a run. Makes sense now!

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x