40K Video Bat Rep: 1750 BAO Test Game

Video Battle Report

In this battle, Reece busts out his Nids against Captain Dees’ tournament Biker Marines in a very fun bat rep.

18 Responses to “40K Video Bat Rep: 1750 BAO Test Game”

1. Kralizak November 4, 2012 2:18 pm

Doom is a badass, I always love him when I proxy him

What do people normally do for the Mycetic Spore (besides proxy, since I bet most tournaments won’t allow a drop pod to count as a proxy)? I saw Jim’s spore but I have no idea how to make that and it’s bigger than I would like anyway.

• Kralizak November 4, 2012 2:18 pm

GW needs to make those damn models >:[

Reecius November 4, 2012 7:29 pm

You can make them fairly easily out of modeling clay and a Styrofoam egg, for example. Or, there are companies that make nice ones like Mr. Dandy.

2. Mark November 4, 2012 6:43 pm

You know why you won Reecius,

You didn’t play Chaos 🙂 Chaos is … sad to say … the least competetive book in all of 40k.

It’s a fun book, but it’s not going to win a lot of games.

Reecius November 4, 2012 7:28 pm

I think Chaos can still win, particularly with allies, but it sure as hell doesn’t scream power, I agree.

Nids though, are bad ass! I am very happy they are so good now, as I love playing them.

• Mark November 5, 2012 5:16 am

Since the early nineties, I’ve played Nids 4 times. I think it’s only a matter of time until it’s a fifth.

Reecius November 5, 2012 12:35 pm

Hahaha, that’s it? Damn, I play Nids often, seems like they were always pretty popular. In 4th they were the flavor of the month army, they were everywhere.

• Mark November 5, 2012 1:21 pm

By “played” I mean, bought, painted, and sold.

I had two armies in 2nd, and 2 in third. I didn’t play them in 4th or 5th.

I’d love to play a monster-mash list with mostly big critters.

Reecius November 5, 2012 3:29 pm

Ahhh, haha, that makes more sense. I misunderstood you. Yes, that is pretty impressive.

3. Captn Dees November 5, 2012 9:18 am

Doom came to town and owned my bikes! I definitely will not that mistake again. Thanks for the games as always! Good to learn something new!

4. Jeremy Veysseire
    MikhailLenin November 5, 2012 9:56 am

Smashing Tervigon with Poison (Str 10, AP2, Poison) has a good chance of instant killing that Captain.

Reecius November 5, 2012 12:39 pm

I agree, but he kept making his saves! haha

• jy2
      jy2 November 5, 2012 9:49 pm

I believe Dan equips his captain with a storm shield, so it’s not so easy to squish him with the tervie.

Reecius November 6, 2012 12:28 pm

Yes, Artificer and a Storm SHield, he is a tough little bastard!

5. Shun November 5, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi there Reecius, a friend of mine made his spore from a Gormiti egg from a toy store. It actually has the same size as a drop pod and does costs around 15$, and you got a wonderful Gormiti inside it too.

Reecius November 5, 2012 3:29 pm

Cool, thanks for sharing. I will have to check that out.