Signals From the Frontline: Chaos Discussion, Dark Angels and Forgeworld Rumors

Signals from the Frontline

Signals From the Frontline: Chaos Discussion, Dark Angels and Forgeworld Rumors

Press play to listen to the podcast!

6 Responses to “Signals From the Frontline: Chaos Discussion, Dark Angels and Forgeworld Rumors”

1. OverlordMarkDawg October 20, 2012 9:29 am

Hey guys I love the show and I listen to it when I walk my dog. I had to comment after listening to the show. You guys say that the Chaos Codex is good but you don’t really want to play it.

Before the book came out you guys were so excited about this codex you guys I mean it was all you could talk about. You even went on other shows and talked about how much you were anticipating getting it in your hot little hands.

Now that its out you say its a great book but you can barley come up with a list you like at all and both you and Frankie don’t even want to play this book.

Then you say the codex is good… Its not good.

Any codex that makes not want to play it is bad. I had the same feeling when I read the book. Its a mishmash of units that don’t seem fun to play its a boring dud.

I just wish you would be more frank

Cheers I can’t wait till the next show!

Reecius October 20, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks for writing!

Yeah, I suppose you are correct from a certain perspective. I think a better way to state what we’re feeling is that this book feels technically good (balanced, lots of different kinds of builds, etc.) but not very inspiring. I just don’t feel compelled to play it. Does that make more sense? We’re not trying to candy coat anything really, just kind of meh on it.

I am hoping that with more play time we will find a cool combo to play that is compelling, but for now I am not that hot on it, honestly.

2. steven morrow October 20, 2012 3:39 pm

I love the codex. That said the only lists i have liked personally and felt excited about are with daemon allies. Chaos space marines lists i have made strictly from the codex feel like im missing something, but then i add daemon units and i feel much more satisfied.

Reecius October 20, 2012 6:59 pm

I totally agree. Every list I write, has Daemons in it, too.

3. Benji October 20, 2012 6:08 pm

The BoLS trolls aren’t shackled by logic because they are role playing for their new Chaos armies.

Reecius October 20, 2012 6:59 pm