40K Video Battle Report: Chaos/IG vs. Chaos/Daemons

Video Battle Report

In this BAO test game, Pablo brings out his new Chaos/IG army against Reecius’ Khorne CSM/Daemon Force. There are some really amusing Boon of Mutation shenanigans in this one!

16 Responses to “40K Video Battle Report: Chaos/IG vs. Chaos/Daemons”

1. Kyle October 17, 2012 7:59 pm #

Hey Reece man, I think you forgot to upgrade your Daemon Prince to a Daemon of a god. Most people I have spoke to overlook the fact that your Daemon Prince has to be one of a certain god… Fun!

Reecius October 19, 2012 7:29 pm #

Shit, I did miss that! Thanks for pointing that out.

2. Greg October 18, 2012 2:08 am #

I think both of you missed taking 42 Flamers. From what I hear that and a crap ton (metric) of Screamers is just nasty.

Nothing say effective in a friendly game like Spam. Yummy.

I do have to say that large vehicles are very effective as long as they are moving. Once stopped they just get tore up. Keep moving and facing forward!

Thanks for another battle report.

Reecius October 19, 2012 7:32 pm #

Yeah, Flamers are nutso, now. Don’t forget though, that they can’t shoot the template through their own guys so that limits how much damage they can do, although they;re still stupid powerful! haha

The Chaos Land Raider is pretty bad, honestly. If it moves it can barely shoot, and the only reason I use mine is because I have 2! As a sit and shoot unit though, they aren’t bad for the points.

Glad you liked the report!

3. Vidar October 18, 2012 9:09 am #

Khorne 2000 pt list

Khan

Fabius Bile

20 x CSM with MoK, IoW, replace CCW, Vets, 2xMeltaguns, Lightning Claw, Boon
    (These guys get Fabius’s +1 Str bonus)

10x Berz w/ PF, Boon, IoW, Vets, Axes

9x Berz w/ PF, Boon, Iow, Vets, Axes

2 x Land Raiders w/ Dirge Casters and dozer blades

2 x 10x Cultists, Mok, 2x H.Flamers

That leaves you about 3 pts of flex.

Mount up and charge! Use the LR’s to block as much fire as possible against the Khorne-Lights and Kharn. Get close enough to use the Dirge Casters preventing overwatch.
    Reserve your cultists possibly for grabing near side OBJs and with MoK they can knock off most Linebreaker units.

You could also drop the Khorne-Lights to 9 and add a 3rd Land Raider. Land Raider Rush!

Reecius October 19, 2012 7:35 pm #

My issue with Fabulous though, is that he hits like a wet noodle. When you factor him into the cost of the squad, it isn’t worth it, IMO. If he did some damage himself, then I think he’d be a great pick, although he does add Fearless which is pretty damn useful.

I measured and a Dirge Caster would not have helped charging out of the LR, I was always charging beyond 6″

I think on Rhinos they may actually be good as you charge the Rhinos forward and into enemy lines where they stop Overwatch.

I like the rest of it, though! I think that would work fairly well. That flying DP is a bad ass, though, I like him a lot. Speed is really important in this edition.

4. ScouseMatt October 18, 2012 10:26 am #

The Chaos faq when it comes out badly needs a line to this effect:

“Units with the ‘(Unique)’ Unit Composition ignore the ‘Spawnhood’ and ‘Dark Apotheosis’ results when rolling on the Chaos Boon Table – the Chaos Gods have very specific schemes in mind for these individuals!”

I don’t even play Chaos, but its just annoys me that the likes of Abaddon can become a spawn lol. I understand why a regular sergeant or lord could become a spawn but Abaddon at the very least, should be immune. Then there’d be another reason for taking these named characters.

Reecius October 19, 2012 7:35 pm #

Yeah, I agree. That was lame. He would have won had that not happened.

5. Matt October 18, 2012 11:17 am #

How did your Zerks run? Aren’t they Fearless?

• jy2
      jy2 October 18, 2012 10:25 pm #

You’ve got it mixed up.

Fearless cannot go-to-ground.

Slow and Purposeful cannot run.

• Matt October 19, 2012 7:23 am #

No confusion on that. Towards the end, the big squad of Marines fled. I wanted to know why.

Turns out they weren’t Zerks, but regular CSM.

Reecius October 19, 2012 7:35 pm #

Yes, just regular CSM’s.

6. Matt October 18, 2012 11:18 am #

Misread, I thought the guys Kharn ran with were Zerks! Confused by the look and thought I heard you call them Zerks! My mistake!

7. Trollblitz October 19, 2012 7:19 am #

Anychance anyone out there might have the updated demon rules ?

8. steven morrow October 19, 2012 5:08 pm #