Cron Air vs Speed Freak Orks 1750 BAO Practice Game

Video Battle Report

In this game Dan comes by the shop with his Cron Air/Wraith Wing army to play Reecius’ Speed Freak Orks: the Sons of AnOrky!

8 Responses to “Cron Air vs Speed Freak Orks 1750 BAO Practice Game”

1. Greg October 15, 2012 4:11 pm #

Nice job.

Two words: counter meta

Just sayin’!

Reecius October 15, 2012 4:16 pm #

And, they’re Orks! Who doesn’t love Orks?

2. Amberclad87 October 15, 2012 5:02 pm #

If flyers are making you guys pull your hair out then try some forgeworld units. Sabre defence platforms are the BUSINESS!

Reecius October 15, 2012 5:29 pm #

Yes they are! Soooo good at dropping those damn flyers.

3. Defeatmyarmy October 15, 2012 9:09 pm #

Now that I finally got 2 games in 6th (finally!!) I have to say I like the changes. Random charge ranges seem a bit unfair to assault units, but factor in premeasuring to avoid getting rapid fired and transport tanks are nerfed an flyers…realistic and hard to get used to at the same time, the proper strategist can destroy them. This edition feels like an upgraded 3rd edition minus the custom vehicles from chapter approved(long out of date) really liking it but it seems like daemons and Crons are going to be most popular. I really hope this balances out later but it might not.

So to take out flyers: get as many str. 7+ shots as possible and take that turret! The fact only flying vector strike can assault flyers tho…I think a lucky jump infantry should be allowed to assault it….it’s definitely leaning towards flying shooting armies. Random charges Really can determine the game winner as I harshly learned this battle!

Reecius October 16, 2012 10:38 am #

Good game as always, Dan! I think you had a great list. ALl I would change would be to bring a Destroyer Lord, and drop the upgrades on the Wraiths. Use the extra points to try and get a 3rd squad of 5 Warriors on foot, and bump the 5 man Wraith squad to 6.

4. BJ December 3, 2012 9:43 am #

Hey there, all of your vids are incredible. For some reason this “Cron air vs Speed freaks” keeps coming up as “Logan and friends vs the dirty dozen”

Reecius December 3, 2012 1:23 pm #

Glad you like them! Try going to the YouTube Channel directly, that may help you to find what you are looking for.