IG vs. Harliestar 1750 Brawl in the Fall Practice

Video Battle Report

Reecius takes out a new IG list vs. Frankie’s Harliestar in a 1750 Brawl in the Fall practice game.

11 Responses to “IG vs. Harliestar 1750 Brawl in the Fall Practice”

1. Skari September 27, 2012 2:11 am #

Interesting question on the LOS on mind war. I would say -no- as intended, but Raw… as written.

• Mike September 27, 2012 5:42 am #

Definitely don’t think you should be able to LOS Mind War by spirit of the rule… it implies that the farseer selects the model being mind-warred. Unforunately, current RAW, LOS is a viable option, because it’s simply wound allocation.

Reecius September 28, 2012 10:27 am #

We agree.

2. Puretide September 27, 2012 10:54 am #

RAW I would have to say yes But RAI I would have to say no because of the same way you can’t LOS plasma overheats and perils of the warp you won’t win sportsmanship for it but who cares when you are fighting harliestar.

My tatic is light them up and units like these who walk around with 4-2+ cover saves with markerlights to remove their cover saves and let loose with plasma, missle pods, pulse rifles, burst cannons and the good old railgun.

3. Matt September 27, 2012 10:54 am #

How did you have Linebreaker? Was that just a Chimera or vehicle over there? I thought Linebreaker had to be a scoring or denial unit. Since vehicles do not deny, they cannot be used as Linebreaker.

Unless I am mistaken.

I too think Mind war should not be able to be LoS’d. But, by RAW, it can be. Dumb, and nothing in the FAQ.

4. Gothos September 27, 2012 11:47 am #

I’m not 100% familiar with the wording of mind war but I would think you cannot LOS mind war because it does not say the model suffers/takes/recieves a wound. Thus I would think you are not allocating wounds here and LOS is taken against wounds that are being allocated?

I mean that would suck if you could LOS mind war as you already tested to see if you can pick out your target because of the focused witch fire rule.

5. kombat September 27, 2012 1:02 pm #

Can the devildog really grab linebreaker thoought it needed to be a scoring or denying unit and vehicles doesnt count for that right ?

Reecius September 27, 2012 1:21 pm #

Nope, you’re right. It had to be scoring or denial. We goofed.

6. Drew September 28, 2012 2:17 pm #

How did he kill your vendetta? The quad gun can only be used in his turn or yours and I think you said he used it in his turn to wipe out a heavy weapon squad. Just curious if he has interceptor himself or if I missed something.?

Reecius September 28, 2012 4:11 pm #

If it fires with interceptor, it can’t fire in it’s next turn. He played it correctly.