Signals from the Frontline: Chaos Rules and Pre-Order Special is a go!

Signals from the Frontline

Signals from the Frontline: Chaos Rules and Pre-Order Special is a go!

Press play to listen to the podcast.

20 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: Chaos Rules and Pre-Order Special is a go!”

1. Axientar September 22, 2012 8:02 am #

It cut off at at “The Dragon looks like it’s straight out of a…crappy Godzilla movie, I could just picture it, like… like moving its wings-”
    22:09. :\

Reecius September 22, 2012 4:09 pm #

I don’t know what happened.

2. Kralizak September 22, 2012 9:00 am #

Prepare for an anti GW policy rant:
    Looking at the pre-order page, I disapprove. Most special units (like Thousand Sons) just got hella expensive since you have to buy a pack of regular Chaos Marines ($37.25 prior to awesome Frontline discount), then buy the upgrade pack that comes with bitz enough to convert 5 marines and comes with an Aspiring Sorcerer, for only another $21!! (except at Frontline). SO much better than just buying a pack of Thousand Sons for $41.25 (before Frontline discount), right?!
    Same goes for Noise Marines but with different pricings.

Also, why the hell would Obliterators and Mutilators be in different sets?? They should be a multi-part plastic kit, or even a Finecast kit with assembly options, or the Mutilators should at least be a damn upgrade pack!! $52 for 3 models is obscene >:[

Sorry that I’m ranting :\

Reecius September 22, 2012 4:09 pm #

Good old GW.

• kalhoun September 22, 2012 5:43 pm #

Aside from the Sonic Blasters, who says you HAVE to buy anything special?
      Paint them appropriately and tell your opponent “these guys are blah”. Convert them, whatever.

They’re offering what would normally be a Forge World product at normal stores without international shipping.

Re: Obliterators, they’re so good that I’m glad my opponent has to pay a lot of money to use them. Maybe I’ll see them less often 😉

3. Defeatmyarmy September 22, 2012 9:20 am #

Ya, you should rant. If it wasnt for Frontline Gaming discounts and the fact they are fun gamers and good people to hang with I wouldve retired long ago. GW in Alamo has some talented workers, always helping with modeling, but theyre just the grunts of GW they cant change the policies of their company to favor the people and give discounts for more sales.

• Axientar September 22, 2012 9:38 am #

Pretty much right-on. I wouldn’t even have started if not for Frontline Gaming. And it’s STILL so damn expensive…

4. mercutioh September 22, 2012 11:05 am #

Being a huge fan of crappy godzilla movies….I approve of the heldrake. And Grimlock and friends….. If the new dreadnaught looks like Voltron. My Childhood will be completely represented by my favorite army.

5. camelloy September 22, 2012 11:31 am #

hey Reece how much does the codex cost with the 25% off im likely going to bring money in on sunday just need to know how much.

6. Brian September 22, 2012 12:45 pm #

In the pod cast it says that the warpsmith can lower the defense of the Aeigis defence line does that mean that the tech marine can increase the save.. because I thought that it would make sense if the tech marine cant bolster I wouldnt expect that the chaos version could affect it either.

Reecius September 22, 2012 3:41 pm #

We could have been wrong on that for sure, I was just going off the White Dwarf info. We’ll have to see what the actual rule states.

• Brian September 22, 2012 4:44 pm #

even still souNDS

• Brian September 22, 2012 4:45 pm #

even still sounds like a pretty bad ass new codex.. it will be nice to see more new chaos players and people dusting off thier own armies

Reecius September 22, 2012 5:24 pm #

I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a LOT of new and old chaos players in the very near future.