40K: A Must See!

You HAVE to see this, an amazing narrative event thrown by a client of ours’ gaming club.

This is some seriously inspiring work! You can see some of the terrain we made in there as well!

Well done to G3SC, for this amazing looking game. I bet it was a ton of fun!

Prepare to have your mind blown: http://www.g3santacruz.com/2012events/mestre/gallery/

13 Responses to “40K: A Must See!”

1. Kralizak August 26, 2012 2:32 pm

DAAAAAMN!! I could almost see the battle unfurling like a movie!! Only thing it could have used would be an overview of the battlefield beforehand, to know where everything is. but still, awesome.

2. Axientar August 26, 2012 2:37 pm

That looked amazingly awesome. Flawless, amazing models and terrain! Well done, G3SC! 🙂

3. mercutioh August 26, 2012 2:41 pm

man that really ups the ante for our narrative event.

• Big Jim August 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Fear not, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve and shipboard combat is the plan for day one next year.

4. Carl Tuttle August 26, 2012 3:42 pm

We have a ton more pictures on The Independent Characters facebook page as well if you want to see more.

5. Kingsfan August 26, 2012 9:27 pm

That looks amazing. All the armies matched the awesomeness of the terrain. Great job everyone that participated in showing how great this game can look. Inspiring.

6. ScouseMatt August 27, 2012 12:18 am

Wow. Thats every 40k players wet dream right there, beautifully painted armies, quality terrain, awesome scenario, I mean… its even got smoke effects ffs!

Reecius August 27, 2012 9:02 am

Right?! What an awesome display!

7. scotteos August 27, 2012 9:49 am

Thanks for the shout out Reece… and thanks everyone for the compliments. More importantly thank you to everyone who contributed and participated in this event. Without them, it wouldn’t have happened!

• Chris August 28, 2012 2:34 pm

To those of you who put on this awesome event. Would love to contact one of you with questions. Trying to do something similar with the second arc of the Badab War. My test narrative had some similar elements and I would love see how you incorporated 6th into it.

• scotteos August 28, 2012 2:47 pm

We just used the 6th ed. Rules, straight from the book. It didn’t require a lot of incorporation on my part.

The only specific change I made was that in the “Zone Mortalis” setting, we used “Overwatch” instead of “Reaction Fire”.

It is my experience that the less we modify the rules at large events, the better.

Reecius August 28, 2012 4:14 pm

We agree. The less you change the rules the better. We do change some things for what we think will make for better competitive events, but for a narrative event, use the book rules, it will make for a good laugh! Can’t wait to play with you guys, looks boss!