40K Video Battle Report: Orks vs. Footdar 1500pts BAO Scenario

Video Battle Report

In this 1,500pt battle, we have Pascal with his Orks vs. Reecius with a Footdar list we painted up for a client. We’re playing a Bay Area Open game mission to show how it works. Also, this is a “normal” game for those of you asking to see it. Enjoy!

18 Responses to “40K Video Battle Report: Orks vs. Footdar 1500pts BAO Scenario”

1. Fuegan17 August 11, 2012 4:30 pm

I had a thought while watching this, can a unit control one objective from Crusade and one from Emperor’s Will also? or one objective in total?

Reecius August 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Nope, as per the BRB, you can only control 1 objective at a time, and you have to let your opponent know which it is.

2. Axientar August 11, 2012 5:26 pm

How much do you want for that awesome Fire Dragon? 😀 Just kidding. I wish my Fire Dragons would be that awesome! My particular ones are so lame… they rarely even hit, and 1/4 of their shots fail to glance a Rhino. It’s pathetic. 😛

Awesome batrep, it was really fun to watch! 🙂

Reecius August 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Haha, he’s not for sale!

My Firedargons are great. Do you use the Exarch? He is really the key, I think, to the unit working as well as possible.

• Axientar August 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Yes, 5 of them, 1 is an Exarch with Crack Shot and Firepike, as your list runs it. I just roll like shit with them almost always (like failing a 6″ charge with fleet against the Stompa, or how my Exarch has an accuracy history of about 50%). 🙁

Reecius August 12, 2012 11:25 am

Time for new dice!

3. Red Corsair August 11, 2012 6:15 pm

He didn’t have the length to get the job done…..ROFL! I don’t even want to picture Ork sex parts lol.

Awesome game and great looking lists. Super “F” Dragon delivering the spicy package!….. Sorry last one.

Reecius August 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Hahaha, glad someone got that joke!

I thought for sure the Fire Dragon was going to go even crazier, but he ran out of luck!

4. Amberclad87 August 11, 2012 6:18 pm

These missions look like a lot of fun. Could you put them up in PDF, I’d love to give them a run in our community. I’m interested in why 1 kill point per 50pts the unit is worth? We usually do 1 per 100. It probably works out the same, but seems like easier math to me, which as you know can bog people down. Where you using mysterious objectives? If so, why?

Reecius August 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah for sure, I will put it up.

We used Mysterious Objectives on the Crusade objectives as they are almost all beneficial, and we wanted to encourage players to play aggressively. instead of turtling.

The reason we do 1 per 50 ad opposed to 100 is to punish MSU. With a lower break point, we find that the more units you take, the more KP you will have. We have found so far that it is a really good compromise between KP and VP.

5. jawnash August 12, 2012 4:13 am

on the last turn when you skyfired with that gaurdian unit weren’t they supposed to be pinned? you went to ground on turn 5 to deny the dakka jet from killing it.

Reecius August 12, 2012 11:24 am

Ah, you’re right! Nice catch, damn, now I feel bad. They would only have been able to snapfire. Ah well, mistakes happen.

6. jy2
    jy2 August 12, 2012 1:17 pm

So is a 35pt rhino worth 1 KP or no? What about a 12pt 3-henchmen unit?

Reecius August 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes it is. 1 KP for every 50pts or fraction there of. Points value of unit/50, rounding up.

It’s quite simple, actually, once you get used to it.

7. J Mac August 12, 2012 1:38 pm

I think so Jim. They round up. So a 51 point unit is worth 2 KPs. Likewise a 12 pt unit (or even a 1 pt unit if it existed) would be worth 1 KP.

Reecius August 12, 2012 2:45 pm

You got it.

8. Mark August 13, 2012 7:47 am

I’ve found, with the big Nob unit fighting a big single character, when that dude issues a challenge, it’s usually better to deny, lose one guy attacking, and then get the rest of the guys doing their attacks. More dice, better odds. Unless you’re trying to tarpit the guy.

Reecius August 13, 2012 11:18 am

Totally agree. That is what Pascal was doing, I was forcing him to fight with 1 less guy per combat. He did accept a few times though, and promptly one the challenge both times! haha. The dice were fickle that game.