Thanks to Krittoris for this!
Thanks to Krittoris: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22683
– Change to Pre-Measure like WHFB 8th Edition.
– Force Organization Chart is still in use, no use of Percentage
– Adding new FoC Slot called “Fortification” [0-1] / see below
– Phases remains the same, Movement, Shooting, and then Assault
– No Psychic Phase
– No Initiative Phase
– Movement is pretty much the same. Infantry can move 6″, Jump Infantry 12″ and so on.
– Rapid Fire weapons can now fire at target 24″ away irregardless of moving or not. (or choose to fire twice at target 12″ away)
– Pistol is pretty much the same.
– New Weapon type “Salvo” – firing at max. range & max. shots if not move, or 1/2 range and 1/2 shots if moving.
– Heavy Weapon can now be fired on the move, but will be subjected to ‘snap fire’ rule.
– “Snap Fire” allows certain weapon types to shoot even if moving, but with a BS of 1 (ie. 6 to hit)
– Blast Weapons cannot “snap fire”
– You can only killed as much models in target unit as you can actually see (and within max range).
– Casualties are now removed from closest to furthest.
– Wound Allocation is completely changed.
– When shooting at unit partially in cover, player can choose to “Focus Fire” to kill only models in the open (or in a less covered position).
– You can now throw (most) grenades in the Shooting Phase at the range of 8″, limited to 1 grenade per unit per Phase.
– Charge Distance is now 2D6″ adding together.
– Unit can elect to “Overwatch” if being assaulted. Simply a “Stand and Shoot 40K version” – resolved at BS1, Template does D3 hit instead.
– Overwatch can be done only once per turn.
– Unit declaring multiple assaults will suffer from “Disoriented Charge” (not get +1A)
– Unit assaulting multiple enemy unit is subjected to multiple Overwatch.
– Unlike Stand & Shoot, Overwatch does NOT cause Morale Check or Pinning.
– Pile-in reduced to 3″ and is done at the model’s Initiative Step (ie. before the model could strike)
– Casualties are removed from the front rank, like the case of Shooting Phase
– Units can elect to auto-fail Morale Check at the end of Combat if all models in the unit cannot hurt the attacker at all (ie. S3 vs T10).
– Challenges are in for IC.
– Close-Combat Weapon now have AP value, ranging from AP- to AP1. Pistols don’t grant more bonus than in 5th Edition.
– Power SWORD and Lightning Claws are “S: as user” AP3, though Power AXE is S+1, AP2, but is subjected to penalties (Initiative Reduced)
– Fists and Chainfists are Sx2 AP2 and Unwieldy (Intiative reduced to 1), Thunder Hammers has “Concussive” (the exact (or almost) same rules as in 5th Edition)
– Vehicles are now limited to move at the maximum of 12″ in the Movement Phase (though it can move further in the Shooting Phase if desired)
– Vehicles can opt to move “Flat Out” in the Shooting Phase, adding an extra 6″.
– Vehicles movement and weapons. Defensive and Primary Weapons are gone. You can fire all of your weapons at most of the time. But moving faster will result in less weapon fired at basic BS, the rest will be fired at BS1 (Snap Fire)
– Fast Skimmer moving Flat Out can be more lethal (fire more weapons than in 5th and moving faster [12″ Normal + 18″ Flat Out])
– Skimmer got a cover save called Jink, basically 5+ cover save and improved to 4+ if going Flat Out.
– Vehicles count as WS0 (auto-hit) if stationary and WS1 (3+ hit) if moved. No idea on how Fast or Skimmer will have bonus, as cover aren’t used in Assault.
– Flyers are now in, with its own rules.
– Flyers can move very fast and is hard to target (6 only to hit) unless the shooter has Skystrike rules that allow them to shoot flyer at normal BS.
– When moving fast (called “Zooming”) Flyers cannot move less than 12″ and cannot disembark any models.
Vehicle and Damage
– New Vehicle Damage Chart, one to rule them all. 1-2 being Shaken, 3 Stunned, 4 and 5 Weapon Destroyed and Immobilised, and 6 Explodes! You only roll the table if the shot penetrate the Armour. Wrecks occur only from taking certain amount of Glancing Hits.
– AP 2 weapons add +1 to the chart, while AP1 adds +2.
– AP”-” is no longer -1 on the table.
– Open-Topped is +1 as well.
– No more “Half Strength if the center hole is off”, you always use full strength for any blast that hits the vehicle.
– Hull Points – a new style “wound” for vehicles. Any Glancing Hits removes 1 Hull Point, Penetrate Hit removes 1 Hull Point as well as rolling on the Damage Chart above. If reduced to 0 HP, the vehicle becomes Wreck.
– Vehicles has 3 or 4 HP, notable 4 HP vehicles are Ghost Ark, Land Raider, and Monolith. Details can be found in the rulebook appendix. (Bloodwing stated that some player propose that the formula for Hull Points is Front + Side(once) + Rear divide by 3. Fractions rounding down – this seems to be true.
Vehicle and Passenger
– Passenger can only disembark if vehicle move 0-6″.
– Disembarking rules changes, you now place models in base contact with the access point and move up to 6″ – this is the furthest distance the unit may move.
– Embarking is pretty much the same.
– Unit count as moving if the vehicle moved 0.1-6″, and can only “Snap Fire” if the vehicle move 6.01 – 12″
– Open-topped transport rules are the same (access points and fire points)
– Exploding Flyer that has “zoomed” will result in a S10 no armour save on its passenger. And some sort of S6 Large Blast at any unit under the point the vehicle goes on flame.
– NO PSYCHIC PHASE (or whatever people are assuming they are)
– Perils of the Warp causes one wound, no saves of any kind allowed.
– Types of psychic power, witchfire (psychic shooting attack), focused witchfire (has a chance to allow player to choose the target model when removing casualty by rolling low scores on Psychic Test), nova (affects all enemy units within range), maelstrom (affecting both friendly and enemy within range), blessing (augmented friend), and malediction (de-buff enemy).
– “Deny the Witch” – every models/units have a slight chance to nullify the effect of psychic power (6+). Chances increase if your unit has Psyker.
– Psychic Hood is reduced to 4+ Deny the Witch if the target of the power is within 6″ of the wearer.
– There are 5 new Disciplines of Psychic Powers in the BRB, each has 7 Powers. Each army can access different Disciplines, some cannot use them at all.
– Casting Psychic Power remains the same as in 5th.
– Psychic Powers now have 2 level, calling Warp Charge 1 and 2. Mastery Level 1 can only use Warp Charge 1 power, while Mastery Level 2 allows you to cast 2 “Warp Charge 1” power or 1 “Warp Charge 2”. Higher Mastery allows for more.
– Each Psyker generate Warp Charge equal to his Mastery Level.
– Look Out, Sir! is in. Grants character 50% chance to evade the attack if he’s within 6″ of friendly unit (works in combat too), resolved each successful Look Out Sir on the models within 6″ instead.
– Look Out Sir! is improved to 2+ for Independent Character.
– Character can issue / accept challenges.
– One model in your army will be the Warlord (one with highest LD), Warlord can roll on a table (there’s 3 table, you can choose 1) to see what benefit he receive. Examples are units within 12″ can use his LD, the Character count as Scoring Units, Warlord has FNP if within 3″ of Objective.
– Fortification – a new addition to the FoC, limited to 0-1 this allows player to purchase some kind of terrain for their army. Expensive one are Fortress of Redemption (220 points) and cheap ones are Aegis Defence Lines (50 points)
– Allies – a new system that allows player to have a detachment made of another army in the list. Allies works like WFB8th Edition with best buddies, normal allies, and untrusted. The detachment is limited to 1HQ and 1 Troop(compulsory) and additional 1 Troop, 1 Elite, 1 Fast Attack, and 1 Heavy Support.
– There are 3 Deployment Types, one being the classic Pitched Battle, second one is reversed Pitched Battle (deploying along the short table edges), and third one is a triangular deployment.
– Selecting deployment zone remains the same, roll-off to see who deploys first and go first.
– Seize Initiative is still the same.
– 6 Missions with 2 Level Objectives. Primary Objectives grants more Victory Points, but harder to achieve. Secondary Objective is always 1 VP and has 3 of them. First Blood (for getting the first “kill point”, Slay the Warlord (for killing the enemy Warlord – aka. general), and Linebreaker (having your units in enemy deployment zone at the end of the game)
– Deep Strike Mishap is softened now: 1 – You’re Dead, 2-3 Misplaced, and 4-6 Delayed.
– Feel No Pain dropped to 5+
– There’s still only 1 Level of Instant Death, no Instant Death(x)
– Fleet allows for re-rolls on Run and possibly Assault distances.
– “Hammer of Wrath” allows model to make single attack at their base strength before combat on the turn it assault. Jump Infantry and Bike have it.
– Monstrous Creature can make “Smash” attack, forfeit half of its attack to resolve attack at Sx2 against vehicle.
– Flying Monstrous Creature can make two mode of movement. One being 24″ move, performing D3+1 “Vector Strike” on a single unit within the path and then shoot up to two weapons or run 2D6″ in the shooting phase. However, it cannot assault or being assaulted unless it get shot and fall down from the sky first (can’t remember how you fire at it, 6 only?) Should it fall from the sky, it will take S9 hit and can now be assaulted as normal.
– Sniper has rule to allow them to allocate wounds to the model of your choice if you roll a 6 when rolling to hit.
– Rage is now +2 Attack on assault.
– Many new generalization of rules…such as Armourbane (roll 2d6 for armour penetration) and Fleshbane (2+ to wound)….this also expands to weapons as well (unwieldy, concussive, etc.)
enjoy and taking requests and ill post up rules tonight
MORALE CHECKS: same as 5th edition, forced at 25% shooting casualty’s or by losing combat. also when losing combat you get a -1 modifier to your leader ship by however many wounds you lost by.
YOU MAY REGROUP IF 25% OF THE UNIT OR MORE IS STILL ALIVE
lots here, first.
BUILDING DAMAGE TABLE (D6 EFFECT)
1 – building breached it suffers -1 to armour on all facings.
2 – tremor – the building shudders making units inside only able to sanp fire for the following turn, additionally if they try to disembark from the building they may only disembark 3 inches rather then the normal 6.
3- partial collapse – the unit suffers d6 s6 ap- hits with no cover saves allowed.
4- structural collapse – same effect as above except 2d6 hits instead of just 1d6
5- catastrophice breach – reduce the building armour value by d3 on all sides
6 – the unit takes 4d6 s6 ap- hits, has to make an emergency disembark, if the unit cannot disembark it is destroyed. the building is classed as a ruin.
7- the building is utterly destroyed, the unit inside suffer 4d6 s6 hits with no ap, they then must emergency disembark as above, if they cant they die ect. and the building is treated as impassable terrain for the rest of the game, also any unit within d6 suffers s4 ap- hits, the amount of hits is how many models are in the unit that is hit ‘OUCH’
amunition dumps – any unit withing 2 inches is allowed to reroll failed to hit rolls with shooting.
barricades and walls – 4+ cover save if they are behind it.
comms relay – any player with an unengaded model within 2 inches of a comms relay can reroll reserve rolls, it also offers a 5+ cover save if your behind it
defence lines- any unit that goes to ground behind defence lines gains +2 to cover instead of the usual +1
there is another 10+ to many to list.
FORTIFICATIONS YOU MAY PURCHASE AS PART OF YOUR FOC
skyshield landing pad – 75 points
eagies defence lines – 50 points + weapons
imperial bastion – 75 points + weapons
fortress of redemption – 220 points + weapons
THAT IS IT, sorry xenos players. though you could make your own buildings and just use the above fortifications rules.
3 types, blessings, malediction, and conjuration.
lots here will come back to it once iv read through it
zooming, must move 18” – 36”, if it moves under 18 it is counted as destroyed, any units shooting at a zooming flyer have to resolve there to hit rolls as snap shots. flyers cannot be tank shocked OR tank shock themselves. you have to be zooming with a flier to gain the ‘jink’ special rules (5+ cover save)
ZOOMING FLYERS CANNOT BE ASSAULTED :O op much
flyers may only shoot 2 missiles per turn, looking at you storm ravens
flyers MUST begin the game in reserve
JUMP PACKS AND JET PACKS
both count your models as having the bulky special rule.
jet packs move 2d6 in the assault phase instead of assaulting (if you wish)
jetpacks count as relentless
acute senses – reroll outflank rolls
and they shall know no fear – as 5th edition for marines
armourbane – 2d6 armour pen in close combat against vehicles
blind – any unit hit buy a model or unit with this special rule must take an initiative test. if it fails they are reduced to ws and bs 1 till there next turn.
eternal warrior – same as 5th
daemon – gains the fear rule and has a 5+ invuln
fear – if in base contact with a unit or model with fear you must take a morale check, if failed reduces the opponents weaponskill to 1 for the rest of the tunr
fearess – as it is in 5th
feel no pain – +5
fleet – reroll run and charge move distnaces
fleshbane – always wounds on 2+ in CC
crusader- adds d3 to sweaping andvance move and rolls an extra diece for running allowing you to choose the highest result
furious charge – recieves +1 strength when charging into close combat, if disorderly charged you gain no benefit
gets hot – same as 5th
hammer of wrath – when the model charges into base contact, it gains one attack at initiative 10 (strength is unmodified)
jink – if a model moves flat out or turbo boosts it gains a 4+ cover save till the end of your opponents turn
monster hunter – rerolls all failed to wound and hit rolls against monstrous creatures
it will not die – roll a d6 on a 5+ the model ragains one wound (rolled for at the end of your turn)
POISONED – SAME AS 5TH
rage – +2 attacks for charging
shred – rerolls cc to wound in combat
shrouded – + 2 to cover save
skilled rider – +1 to jink save
relentless – same as 5th
night vision – ignore the effects of nightfighting
night fighting – same as 5th
smash – reroll armour pen rolls, half attacks, gains double strength, ap 2
slow and purposeful – same as 5th
skyfire – shoots at nomral bs when targeting, flyers, skimmers, and flyig monstrous creatures.
splitfire – leadership test, if passed, one model may shoot at a different target to the rest of the unit
theres a few more but im tired of typing these
ENJOY BOLS, MUCH <3