Rumor Updates!

Rumor Stew! Mmmmmm.

OK, so they’re coming in fast and furiously.

Well, some of the worst sounding rumors look to be true. We don’t know how to take these out of the context of the entirety of 6th edition, or if they are even completely true/read correctly/etc. but these are coming from Trade Reps at GW. They are literally reading them out of the book.

1. Random Charges In. The exact mechanic we don’t know yet, but I keep hearing 2d6″, take the highest as difficult terrain. Wow I hope this is wrong as that screws so many armies. Let’s hope it’s actually 6″+D6″ or something similar.
  2. Snapfire. You can shoot assaulters as they come in, hitting on 6’s as I understand it. Not sure on this either, but the rule is in the book.
  3. Premeasuring in.
  4. Allies in regular games. The how and why of it is unclear, but I hope this is done right or it will utterly break the game if done wrong.
  5. Purchasing scenery. Could be cool, but again, depends on application. Who wants to see Long Fangs buying bunkers in every game? We’ll see how it pans out.

We’ll see, we’ll see! These rumors make me cringe on their own, but perhaps within the context of the overall game, they will be good fun….

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
21 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Paul Cornelius
Paul Cornelius
10 years ago

Allies and random magic charts sounds so so bad. Honestly, I can live (without too much bitching) with the rest.

Kralizak
Kralizak

Random Charges: NOOOOO!!

Snapfire: NOOOOOO!!

Premeasuring: I used to like the idea, but now that there’s random charges (NOOO!!) and no random shooting ranges, NOOOO!!

Allies: NOOOO!!!

Purchasing Scenery: hmm….

Conclusion: poor assault armies, especially the no-allies Tyranids 🙁

Optimistic Judgement: I hope this is just part of the gestalt…

Defeatmyarmy
Defeatmyarmy
10 years ago

The only thing Im looking forward to is running necrons and blood angels together. FNP DOA Wraiths with Zahndrek so my whole army DS in if anything is put in reserve from my opponent. That random charge range is making me think Ward wrote most of it to make leafblower armies even better against assault armies, if assault armies will even be used because of that gimptacular douche.

If these rumors are true, I might just find people willing to play 5th. Im still planning to buy the rulebook, if used for nothing but to troll on 6th ed rules in the forums. The more rumors I read the more Im leaning towards going back to Warmachine since they just nullified Orks, Nids, and any other assault sauce. After the Golden Throne I might just sell the book for what I think its worth: $1.

Hippesthippo
Hippesthippo
10 years ago

Random charge range is 6 + 2 d6, pick the highest in all likelihood. So stop crying, your actually going to be able to assault further than before.

Premeasuring? Big deal. We all know what 12″ looks like by now, don’t we?

Snap fire makes sense, will not break the game. A squad of ten marines=2 hits=1 dead Ork… Big woop.

Allies and terrain purchases will not be allowed in tournaments, cmon people.

All in all, nothing to scare me away, no big changes. Quit freaking out this is just yk2 happening again: much ado about nothing catastrophic.

10 years ago

Allies + Snap Fire means Flamers of Tzeentch with My CSM FNP plague marines = Good Luck ever getting me off of an objective with assault there boyos.

I’m reserving judgement there could be things in there that make these rules better…..but it certainly feels like I need to anticipate a kick to the junk for my assault heavy orks.

edwin
edwin
10 years ago

I think random charge lengths is a good thing. Assault is so powerful compared to shooting. Assault destroys while shooting withers. Making it harder to assault balances out just how powerful it is.

Reply to  edwin

*checks for sarcasm light* *Shrugs* *Moves on*

Kudos
Kudos
10 years ago

I can see allies in. With all the other tabletop war games on the rise they need the money I’m sure. Allies = more models/codices purchased…

10 years ago

Naftka is reporting that Charge distances are 2D6 added together with Jump infantry getting a reroll on these for assault. (which is wierd unless it’s take the highest, but far be it from me to question GW and Logic. source is stating the next White Dwarf will have further info.

Reply to  Reecius

I tell you what Allies means to me. Deep striking super flamers that wound everything that try to assault it on a 4+ Oh and add in 3 extra Daemon Princes for good measure Plus Fateweaver. MUHUHAHAHAHA! Also potentially Blood Axe Nobs coming out of Vendettas(or Zerkers for the traitor Guard) which now can’t be hit on anything but 6’s. Cue Flight of the Valkyries boys!

10 years ago

Another thought on Allies, following some of the rumors of it being a secondary FOC addition (which would mean 1 hq and 2 troops are required to take anything) I would think that you could outlaw that from tourneys without causing too much grief

10 years ago

it’s funny, the allies rules almost echo Mantics system. You can take units from allied factions but only if you take a solid unit of troops first. once that happens you can get one heavy and one hero per solid unit. (with the solid unit in this case being base FOC) Tau shooting with Basic Marine troops is the stone cold nuts though. SO many wacky combos.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x