Signals from the Frontline: 6th ed 40K Rumors, Chaos Codex Rumors, New Rleases

Signals from the Frontline: 6th ed 40K Rumors, Chaos Codex Rumors, New Rleases

Press Play to hear the Podcast!

22 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline: 6th ed 40K Rumors, Chaos Codex Rumors, New Rleases”

1. shmabadu June 16, 2012 2:27 pm

I for one will never tire of hearing you bash Grey Knights, but maybe that’s because I play orks.

Reecius June 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Haha, we do bash the hell out of Grey Knights, but that is because it really is a badly written codex, IMO.

• Alarum June 16, 2012 3:31 pm

I would like a pod cast devoted to slagging GKs! I like the implications rapid fire brings to my 1k Sons. The fluff got me into them in 2nd ed but the rules never did them any favours. The day might not be far off when I bring my Sons to a game and people start looking worried.

Reecius June 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Haha, I think most of our pod casts diss either Mat Ward or GK in some way, every time! haha.

And yeah, I would love to see the rapid fire rumors come to fruition, that would be awesome. It would make Infantry so much better, which is a good thing, IMO.

2. Simon June 16, 2012 4:35 pm

I want to see a tourney just say it “No Effing grey knights!”

Would be awesome.

Reecius June 16, 2012 5:12 pm

I would be OK with no to the stupid, ridiculous stuff like Psyk-out grenades.

3. mercutioh June 16, 2012 5:31 pm

grey knights would be perfectly fine if they weren’t relatively inexpensive as well as bad as all get out. Heck even DC gave Superman Kryptonite

Reecius June 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Change just a few rules in there and they become a totally cool army. Things like Warp Quake, magic grenades, etc. just suck the fun out of the game.

4. Puretide June 16, 2012 5:36 pm

I collect grey Knights but I am not the biggest fan of them I prefer My Tau because I find them more fun to play and a challange to win with and some of the rumors I hear can’t wait to use them again.

Reecius June 17, 2012 1:40 pm

I would love to see Tau become popular again, very cool army. And we like GK here, just some of the rules are so lame and unfun.

5. sharkticon June 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Stelek says he has the rule book, but won’t post it. Not even after I offered to post noodz.

Reecius June 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Hahaha, send him a picture of that last Bane Legions model, that may sway him!

6. Pascal Roggen June 16, 2012 7:14 pm

hey, BA don’t have the best dreads, they have the best close combat dreads, which is fair enough, they are the most pure assault chapter. only three dreads you can pick[from a very nice heavy list] have a range of more then 12inches.
    also they can’t get bs 5 dreads and they can’t get the venerable rule… or psy ammo or fortitude:P.

they got the furioso dread .i.e. the first of the “new” style dread[ahh 2nd ed:P] which is about the only reason they get the choice of a bunch of dreads.

the dex is fun with a huge amount of builds, you can use it to sub out other chapters, i.e. dreads for an iron hands list.

anyway enough blather about it, onwards to 6th!:P

Reecius June 17, 2012 1:51 pm

That is true, they don’t get 5pt strength upgrades! haha

It is just weird to me that they can field more Dreads than an Iron hands chapter, for example. I love the Dreads (have about 9) and like you said, you can always play them as iron hand if you want to!

But yes, onward to 6th! The wait is very nearly over.

7. Benji June 17, 2012 6:11 pm

I love a bit of ward bashing but I do have let him off. After I was able to move on from the complete change of the fluff I actually really like the Newcrons,

Reecius June 17, 2012 6:50 pm

We do harp on it a bit too much, I will freely admit that. I agree the Crons are awesome, but as I understand it, he didn’t write that one on his own, it was a collaborative effort.

8. mercutioh June 18, 2012 6:52 am

So midnight Madness…. Color me intrigued. friday at midnight you’ll be handing out the preorder books and looking for some folks to chuck some dice with? with Pizza and Caffinated beverages? Hmm what time are you starting that Apoc game again? Trying to figure out if I need to get a Hotel room and make it a day trip for me and the boy (who is now TOTALLY geeked to be helping out with Dad’s Orky madness. (I’m going to give the Stompa to him to run)

Reecius June 18, 2012 9:27 am

We ordered a Stompa for the game, too! We have a 10 year old kid who loves Orks and he will most likely be commanding ours, so that will be good fun.

The Apoc game is on Saturday and will run into the evening. We will be open till midnight that night, but it all depends on when we get the books. We assume Friday, but we’ll have to wait and see. The website will be updated as we get more information, but we’re planning on having the midnight madness on Saturday the 30th.

9. mercutioh June 18, 2012 10:29 am

two dueling preteens with Stompas…..*shudder* Gotcha. Ok I’ll take a peek around and see where we can find a cheap room so we don’t have to make the drive back to Sacramento at 0 dark 30. what a great way to send off 5th/ welcome in 6th. Big ol death romp apoc style then new games! I like this plan! Also, Paypal for preorders or cash/check/credit card?

Reecius June 18, 2012 10:53 am

Yeah, it will be a fun day of gaming and figuring out the new rules, too!

We take CC, PayPal, and cash, no problem. If you want to just give Will and ring or email him, we’ll gladly take your order.

Orders@FrontlineGaming.org
      888-781-5120

• mercutioh June 18, 2012 12:14 pm

sweet! order will be coming later today! also pondering tossing a Dakka Jet on there, Have you guys gotten to see one on the table yet?

Reecius June 18, 2012 1:50 pm

We have built or seen all the fliers and they look awesome! Haven’t played them all yet, though. The Stormtalon actually looks great, the pictures don’t do it justice. We appreciate your order!