Video Battle Report: Phalanx Crons vs. Plague Marines

Here we have the Cron Phalanx vs. Frankie’s Plague Marines.

This was a great game and really showcases some of the weaknesses of the Crons as well as some of the amazing wargear combos they have. Playing overly aggressive as I did cost me, as you will see.

I think this game would have been handily won by the Crons had I played more conservatively, but hey, you’ve got to risk it to get the biscuit!

What do you guys think of the Phalanx list? What would you all change?

8 Responses to “Video Battle Report: Phalanx Crons vs. Plague Marines”

1. joe November 26, 2011 8:34 am #

hey thanks! i’m lovin the necron Bat Reps! i’m only able to play about once a week(wife) so i appreciate the tactical expertise. i’m liking the crons also. how bout the zandrek obyron combo though??? either in a com barge, w deep striky perfection???

Reecius November 27, 2011 9:36 pm #

We haven’t tried that specific combo yet, but we think there is some merit to it. We will have to give it a go. Glad you’re enjoying the reports!

2. lordhans December 5, 2011 7:35 pm #

I found this website through DakkaDakka and really like these video battle reports. They are fun to watch and I’ve learned a bunch from them. Keep it up!

Reecius December 5, 2011 10:20 pm #

Thanks! We’re glad you like it. We will definitely keep making the videos, and we appreciate your support.

3. Pascal Roggen December 14, 2011 9:50 pm #

gotta say I love your site, it’s just what I want to see in bat reps.

Reecius December 15, 2011 7:24 pm #

Thanks! Glad you like them!

4. Sam December 16, 2011 9:47 am #

Any chance you can write out the Phalanx list? Maybe my computer is just being dumb and i can’t see it?

Reecius December 16, 2011 1:23 pm #

I actually don’t have the exact list any more as I have changed it.

It was something like this:

Two Overlords with Phaeron, mind shackle scarabs, war scythe, phase shifter.

2 Cyrpteks with transmog, curcible and tremor stave.

2 x 20 Warriors
      1 x 5 Warriors

2 x Ghost Arks

1 x A.Barge

2 x 5 Destroyers
      1 x 3 H.Destroyers

Sorry I don’t have the exact list handy.