It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: What Ork combos have been working for you?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:50 pm 

Green tide w/pain boy and a few Claws.
big Mek Stompa
Void shield Gen
Win.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:36 pm 

Reecius wrote:
I tried 46 Tankbustas Friday night...brutal! That is no joke.

It sure sounds killy. And with that setup you should be pretty much guaranteed their glory boyz bonus point if you get first turn.

I'm so jealous of people who can field things like 46 bustas, 14 trukks, or 28 bikes. Orks are my primary army since fifteen years (been in and out of the hobby though), and I'm struggling to find time to paint another eight tankbustas for a tournament in March. A total of 15 will have to do.

Hey, that was my first post on this forum. Did I hear "Welcome"? :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:25 am 

If I can add something I find a regular biker boss with klaw great value and crazy-fun. S10 and T6 on a bike is really nice. I field him along with my rokkit koptas, but as soon as the game begins he can go wherever he likes. He's good off against small units of space marines four example. Or he can go support other units with his leadership or close combat capacity.

But most of all I've been playing bully boyz. It's AWESOME to see super-elite Orks wrecking a whole table. I especially like their WS5. I want my orks to be skilled, it's not enough for me to win with quantity of attacks. But fearless is disturbingly good on meganobs as well. I use mine in cheap trukks. So far I been lucky either going first or managing to hide the trukks during first turn. Then I go full speed and spread them over the board.

I hope we get to keep the bully boyz formation or some incarnation of their rules. It's so much fun, even if it's very one-dimensional. Just remember to bring some shooty units that can handle things like flyers. You don't want your AM pal to go Vendetta on your bully boyz. Then you'll loose points fast.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:05 am 

Loopy wrote:
I love assaulting with a MegaBoss-led unit of Lootaz. LOL. It's absolutely the only way to run Lootaz for me. Now that we can put the KFF on a MegaMek, it is gonna be even better. Sadly, the random wound allocation with exploding vehicles is absolutely killing me right now.

Flash Gitz are good. Oddly enough, in one game, they really showed their versatility against Astra Militarum Tank Co. list by, instead of shooting, assaulting two units to death thanks to their Str 5 being able to glance the rear armor of 11 on some of those. LOL

Still trying to figure out if Slow and Purposeful/Relentless works for the Gitfinda, though. That would be glorious for my Flash Gitz unit or my Big Mek on Bike with Shokk Attack Gun.

I haven't had enough games to give you any real ideas, though, sadly. I'm doing a tourney this Saturday, though, and plan on bringing as much different stuff as possible to try a lot of things out. The Assaulting Lootaz will definitely be in there as well as my Flash Gitz. I'll also bring two squads of big gunz, one of Lobbaz and probably another of one of the new gunz... maybe the Bubblechukka or the Traktor gun, both accompanied by Meks.

This guy is gonna be awesome...

Attachment:
10455938_834028093277039_6517450320700205577_n.jpg

INTERESTING! I might test this in the 1000 points tournament I'm attending in a few weeks. Would megaboss, kff-mek and say 12 lootas viable you think? In a cheap battlewagon? Too much?

Triple post. Now I'll get the mods after me and I've only just joined the forum.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:49 pm 

100 for the boss (base + armour), 85 for the mek, and 158 for the lootas, 110 for a battle wagon,

At the bare minimum that unit would cost 453 point which is almost half a 1k army. It really depends on what you are fielding in the rest of your army for balance. In some instances it may be too many points but it also might be perfect. With the smaller army there can be less an less fat if its a competitive environment.
It becomes much more list specific and player style specific when you have so few points.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:04 pm 

Fluorescent Alpaca wrote:
100 for the boss (base + armour), 85 for the mek, and 158 for the lootas, 110 for a battle wagon,

At the bare minimum that unit would cost 453 point which is almost half a 1k army. It really depends on what you are fielding in the rest of your army for balance. In some instances it may be too many points but it also might be perfect. With the smaller army there can be less an less fat if its a competitive environment.
It becomes much more list specific and player style specific when you have so few points.

Yeah. A lot of points. I was thinking of a shooty list. Lootas and bustas. Minimum Ork troops (not much more expensive than grots but a lot more resilient should be worth it in my opinion).

Where should I cut down on points on the unit? Different setup of HQs, lose the wagon for a cheaper transport?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:20 pm 

You could cut a corner by putting the Big Mek in mega armour and taking the KKF. He gets pricey for a 2 wound model but you at least free up the warboss for other duties. Otherwise maybe make the lootas a 10 man unit. To keep the resilience you are going for if you stick with a vehicle stay with the battle wagon, you need the armor value.

Also a unit to take into consideration is running a Mega Warboss with lucky stick and a unit of smasha guns or kustom mega cannon. Slow and purposful transfers to the unit so he can walk the cannons around. Fairly resilient with T7 to shooting, cause they are artillery, and a 2+ rerollable up front(2+,4+ in ITC rules) but also fairly grav proof cause the unit is majority gretchin.

Last edited by Fluorescent Alpaca on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:49 pm 

Could be an idea I guess to throw the boss out. However, a single megaarmoured nob ain't a very scary HQ. Maybe I could add in a bikerboss. Or maybe I should save the unit for bigger games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:12 pm 

The intent of the mek isn't to be a combat monster like a warboss, and while you lose some of the assault threat for the loota unit, if you are assaulting with them that is fairly last ditch effort anyway, as their guns are much better(the BS isnt...) then them fighting in CC, most of the time

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:49 am 

Does the kff protect you from flames when embarked on a vehicle? From what I can understand when reading the rule it does not. Bugger.

"The bearer and all models within 6" receive a 5+ invulnerable save against any shooting attacks. If the bearer is embarked in a vehicle, then the vehicle receives a 5+ invulnerable save against any shooting attacks INSTEAD."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:06 am 

No i don't think it does but the wounds are not randomly allocated either, you can tank them on the 2+ save.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:08 am 

Fluorescent Alpaca wrote:
No i don't think it does but the wounds are not randomly allocated either, you can tank them on the 2+ save.

Really? Then I've been playing it all wrong. Thanks! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:33 am 

similarly on a vehicle explodes result, say 4 wounds are generated. The player who's transport blew up allocates the wounds as they choose, so they can be tanked on all on a character, Like a mega boss or mega mek, to save all the 6+ lootas from certain death.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:02 am 

I've only gotten a few games with this so far, but it is showing real promise.

I don't suspect it can make any real noise against tournament Eldar as I still have no real answer for scat bikes, as well as the fact that I can't finish games in the time frame.

But for oxymoronic competitive garage gaming, this is doing me well.

Big Mek: 100
KFF, Da Fixer Upper

30 Boyz: 220
Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole

30 Boyz: 220

10 Gretchin and 1 Runtherd: 35

3 MegaArmor Nobz: 125 + 35
Boss Pole
Trukk: Reinforced Ram

3 MegaArmor Nobz: 125 + 35
Boss Pole
Trukk: Reinforced Ram

20 Stormboyz: 220

1 Rokkit Buggy: 25

1 Rokkit Buggy: 25

2 Trakta Kannons: 63
1 Ammo Runt

4 Kustom Mega-Kannons: 120

Big Mek Buzzgob: 500
Stompa Upgrade, Belly Gun Deff Kannon

The trakta kannons have been a pretty big disappointment overall as I keep not fighting against armies with flying things, but I feel like keeping them for completeness.

I'd think that going from buggies to deffkoptas would be better, but I don't have the models.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:02 pm 

Thanks for the info And every comment

จีคลับ

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:51 pm 

Ok would you mind explaining what allows the Lootas to fire at full BS with the Battlewagon moving?
sbobet
gclub online

Offline Profile