The MegaMat KickStarter is LIVE!!

c23c6ca716a0350d1030c659803e8d01_large

Hooooooooo, Nelly! We’re off to the races! Get your Mega Mat while it’s hot!

Thanks so much for the support we’ve already gotten, wow, this is rad! Very excited to see it take off so quickly!

Post any questions and let’s see how far this bad boy goes!

*Not to be confused with any other Mega Mat product. Final product will have a different name upon funding and delivery of product.

40 Responses to “The MegaMat KickStarter is LIVE!!”

1. XinZ November 26, 2013 11:31 pm

Spent my whole day refreshing both iTunes and Frontline Gaming because I was dying to see what you guys were going to reveal today. I was not disappointed. Can’t wait to get my MegaMat!

Reecius November 27, 2013 12:49 am

Awesome, stoked to hear you are interested!

2. bigpig November 27, 2013 12:06 am

Figured this was it. Gratz guys and good luck. Backed! and hoping you get that alpine mat unlocked 🙂

Now, git ta krumpin’!

• mercutioh November 27, 2013 12:14 am

20% already! Talking to the wife about this being my Christmas present.
      Congrats guys I think this will be funded by the end of the week.

Reecius November 27, 2013 12:49 am

That would be so exciting if that happened! We’ll see, you never know with these things.

We’d love to send you one!

Reecius November 27, 2013 12:49 am

Awesome, thanks!

3. Panos November 27, 2013 1:39 am

Hi,

Excellent job!
    Can’t find faqs for European deliveries.

Regards,

Panos

Reecius November 27, 2013 1:48 am

We’re working on European distribution and if that pans out, shipping will drop, as is, we have to charge extra for shipping.

4. ChacoStylez November 27, 2013 1:56 am

Are you guys going to do a space themed 4×4 for X-wing?

Reecius November 27, 2013 2:05 am

We have a LOT of projects in the works, and that may just be one of them =)

If this goes hot (which it looks like it might!) we have plans to go for more designs and such.

5. aruki November 27, 2013 3:36 am

wish 4×4 wasn’t a stretch goal. that kind of kills it for me. With limited space and the games I tend to play the most these days it when have been perfect. I’d also recommend a space or ocean mat considering all the games that have come out that use them.
    anyway just my two bits.
    aruki

6. Moshen November 27, 2013 4:34 am

Was reading your post on bell about being in china.

Be very careful. My wife is a fashion designer and her industry does most of their production in China, over 90% pretty much. Think we do maybe 5% of our own production in the USA.

The biggest issues I have heard about with China are:

Labor – it is quite common for the labor that’s making your stuff to basically be slaves. We all hear about this but I know people who have seen it first hand.

Theft – At least in the fashion industry most everything is stolen by the people you are asking to make your product and either sold to someone else or used by their own company to sell their own version of your product. We know someone that was in a factory who was also making some name brand tops, might have been gucci. One of the factory reps saw them looking at it and offered to make it for them. This is extremely common. In their defense though, in the fashion industry theft is pretty common in general, most every in forever 21 level of stores is knocked off.

Getting dropped for another customer – If you are not doing a large run you can be dropped or delayed because the factory wants to do a bigger order. I wouldn’t imagine this would have a high likelihood of happening for your type of product though.

Canceled because of labor – This is somewhat recent but there is actually been an issue of not having enough labor in the country. With the pressure not to use basic slaves or prison labor attached to the fact that their labor force has started to get into more a middle class mind set, China has started to not have enough workers to run its factories. Likely world not effect you but its becoming common in the fashion industry. A lot of things are getting moved to VN and or India. In many cases fashion houses are making their own factories over seas to compensate.

7. Jakartor November 27, 2013 4:34 am

Can’t wait for the snow theme one previews…… Well done guys there will be one flying to Austria haha.

Reecius November 27, 2013 10:40 am

Awesome, thanks!

8. TrueKnight November 27, 2013 5:21 am

Happy to say I’m a backer (which btw this is my first kickstarter, so feel extra special!) lol. Can’t wait for the product!!

9. mercutioh November 27, 2013 6:47 am

Im stoked to see this take off. And honored that youd name it after me. I mean
    Mega Matt…. it’s a little humbling.

Reecius November 27, 2013 10:39 am

We do love you so! haha

10. Hotsauceman1 November 27, 2013 11:11 am

I Ideas for new designs. PINUPS. Like SOB pinups, Eldar Pinups, Tau Pinups, Space Mariens pinups. Deamon Pinups

Reecius November 27, 2013 1:50 pm

I’m sure GW would love that!

11. michael Tangney November 27, 2013 1:23 pm

Just interested to know – did you think about having a multi mat pledge?… I could see some gaming groups being interested in buying a couple together. And these would look GREAT in stores so I could see you getting some multi product backers. Also if overseas folks were buying in bulk it may well make sense to jointly ship to save on shipping costs

just a thought!

Mike

Reecius November 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Every additional mat is $90! You can buy more than one.

• mike November 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Yep but that’s more admin for you and for your customers no? Anyway I’ll talk to my gaming group about them.

Reecius November 28, 2013 10:25 am

We’ll work with you guys! Hit us up with your order.

12. cruzcontrol39 November 27, 2013 3:19 pm

I like the mats, i’m in… A snow themed mat would be awesome for my Wolves!

Reecius November 28, 2013 10:26 am

Yeah, the Snow themed have been getting really good feedback!

13. dr.insanotron November 27, 2013 9:23 pm

I would really love to see a Lava Flow Matt!!!

Reecius November 28, 2013 10:25 am

That is one we have talked about getting done!

• krisbot4000 November 28, 2013 3:33 pm

i second this!
      contributed for a grassy plains myself, but i would certainly pick up an urban combat and if it makes it into production a lava mat as well 😀

14. Jrandom November 27, 2013 9:23 pm

THIS is bullshit!

WHERE are the inflatable life-sized Reece and Frankie dolls?!??!?!?!

• XinZ November 27, 2013 11:49 pm

I know, right? I was hoping since I heard about it we were going to see something along these lines but was sorely disappointed.

On a side note, congrats on hitting your first goal already guys!

Reecius November 28, 2013 10:18 am

Thanks!

Reecius November 28, 2013 10:19 am

You have to buy all 5 Megamats and then you can join them together like Voltron to form the dolls!…just kidding!

15. fluger November 28, 2013 11:37 am

OK, I’m late to this party (been super busy at work for the last month), but this looks freaking amazing, guys. SERIOUSLY.

Reecius November 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks!

• fluger November 29, 2013 10:57 am

No, thank YOU! I wish I had seen this before I got all my Christmas shizzle lined up.

Is this product going to be available going forward after the kickstart?

Honestly, the one I’m REALLY interested in is the badlands one. Totally intrigued on how that will look.

Reecius November 30, 2013 4:36 pm

This will be an ongoing product line, yes! And the Barren Wastelands mat will be sweet! Can’t wait to see it and it looks like we will for sure fund it!

16. ak_sasquatch November 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Awesome product you have come up with. What I was wondering was the feasibility of a double sided mat. Can it be done? I understand that the bottom has the neoprene/mouse pad material to help prevent sliding. But for some folks the pad sliding is not too much of an issue. But even the little space saved by not having two mats around is nice in a room that is already packed w/ minis and terrain. Either way, just a thought.

Reecius November 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Thanks!

And we can certainly will look into a double sided mat. I honestly can’t say at this point if that is plausible or not.

17. Ryan Murphy November 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Got mine Reece! Awesome looking stuff!

Reecius November 28, 2013 5:34 pm